Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kizan

Old August 11th, 2011, 06:34 AM
At GenCon the released updated PreGen PC's (at least some of the pregens were updated) and they released some new pregens based on the new base classes.

Several of my players (that are lazy!) want to play pregens. Has anyone input them into Hero Lab? They would really like to use them as a starting point for their PC.

I just checked their website and the new and updated pregens are posted.

PFS Pregens

Thanx,

Kizan
Kizan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 11th, 2011, 08:36 AM
I doubt anyone has put them in yet, but there are a lot of pre-gen chars already in HL. Just look in the stock folder.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old August 11th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Thanx.

But they aren't the offical Pazio pre-gens that people are reviving at cons and FLGS PFS gamedays.

Thanx,

Kizan
Kizan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 11th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Maybe I am missing something but these are just base class characters from the quick look I did. With basic gear.

Using HL you could build them in about 5 minutes of work. I mean that is the great part of HL is the speed at which you can do a character if everything is already in the data set.

Custom monsters is not as easy as you have to use the editor but base classes is very quick to do.

Or I am I missing something about these PreGens?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old August 11th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Nope you haven't missed a thing. Except lazy players that don't want to take the 5 mins to play with HL and <GASP> learn something about building a PC. They want to play and socialize and take a pregen and level it up.

Thanx,

Kizan

P.S. Sarcasm NOT directed at you. Directed at lazy players.
Kizan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 11th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizan View Post
P.S. Sarcasm NOT directed at you. Directed at lazy players.
LOL no problem I totally I understand.

I actually have only one of those type of players luckily. At least they are willing to play very simple characters. Big dude with big weapon hit stuff. Last campaign it was a Warlock which every round was a single touch attack. Some how the players turn still took at long as the Hasted Double Axe fighter with 8 attacks using 3.5 Power Attack. Oh well at least they show up to every game.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 12th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Although it should be easy enought to replicate the char from Piazo into HL and make stock chars from them. Maybe a non-lazy person could take on the project, lol.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old August 12th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I coded them into HL on Friday. Except for the Samurai. I'll get to that one soon. I'd like someone to check them over against the Paizo originals. I found in almost every case an error of some kind. Most of the core PCs have two or three more skill points that are unspent. Sometimes it was more odd. Save that were all +1 but I couldn't figure out why. My fav so far is the ninja pregen can't actually wear the armor that's listed because it weighs too much with all his other gear. So his speed is 0'!

Who knows maybe I'm just coding to wrong. I'm not a HL expert...but I'm working on it. :-)

I'll post the files here when I'm done.

Thanx,

Kizan
Kizan is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 13th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Paizo stat blocks have ERRORS. Actually a good number of errors. So what you are finding is that the Home Grown Excel spreadsheet Paizo uses does LOTS of stuff wrong. Its just the nature of things that are this complex that their will be errors.

If you want to share what you have I would be happy to post them at d20pfsrd with the other HL stuff. In which case leave the errors as is so that it is up to each person to decide what to do about the errors.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; August 13th, 2011 at 08:29 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old August 13th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Paizo stat blocks have ERRORS. Actually a good number of errors. So what you are finding is that the Home Grown Excel spreadsheet Paizo uses does LOTS of stuff wrong. Its just the nature of things that are this complex that their will be errors.

If you want to share what you have I would be happy to post them at d20pfsrd with the other HL stuff. In which case leave the errors as is so that it is up to each person to decide what to do about the errors.
Yeah I've been taking notes on each version of the sheet so I could put them in the notes field so people would know what to fix.

Thanx,

Kizan
Kizan is offline   #10 Reply With Quote