Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

FaeruN

Old March 7th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I have cleaned the whole HISTORY on gold and shield dwarves and it started working, so those 2 have the problem of too long descriptions, but still I had readed the others descriptions and there is some missing text on each one, on gray dwarves for example, I get on the middle of HISTORY and on urdunnirs I get in the middle of the RELATIONS, so I guess I will short up a lot this things until and if you do that upgrade, so by the moment I've counted that hero lab's race tab holds a maximum of approximately 25 lines (on the editor) of information for display, probably on those lines must get filled the 5000 characters you said, and it must hold some more (maybe 10000) and then it crashes, that's my theory about it, so thanks again Mathias
FaeruN is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 7th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Colen was able to fix this, so in the next update of Hero Lab (of the program, not just the Pathfinder files), you'll be able to add that much text and it won't crash (it still may not display it all, though).
Mathias is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 12th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Right. Hero Lab currently has a limitation where only ~5000 characters can be displayed in a number of places - I've fixed the crash issues, but the display limitation remains. This is something on our list of things to fix, but I'm afraid it likely won't be for a while.

In general, that much text is too much for Hero Lab anyway - it won't fit in a lot of places, so summarising things may be in order instead.
Colen is offline   #13 Reply With Quote