Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gorta

Old April 9th, 2015, 05:42 PM
Does this mean we'll have access to the monsters in the back of the APs? Or only the ones that are actually in the adventure?
Gorta is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 9th, 2015, 05:52 PM
I thought the only monsters that appeared in the bestiary at the back of the AP were ones which appeared somewhere in the adventure? In which case, we'd have to add them to include in the AP's portfolios.
Aaron is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old April 9th, 2015, 06:07 PM
Not all monsters in the back are in the APs
AndrewD2 is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 9th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Guess it's an open question then. I'll have to defer to my betters.
Aaron is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old April 9th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
Not all monsters in the back are in the APs
In the RotR AE, all of the monsters in the bestiary appendix are used in encounters.
mototom is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old April 10th, 2015, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psych777 View Post
ive never used these files so sorry if this seems a silly question....
are these ap files only used by the gm's? what would a player need them for?
It is a good question, and really the answer is no. In fact the player could "cheat" with these files. They really are directed only at the GM running the AP.

There may be some limited use of the NPCs for a player, but really this is a GM tool, not a general use tool. One of the reasons it is a bit higher priced than a normal package, it has a one time purchase per group, as opposed to all in the group buying it I am thinking.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old April 10th, 2015, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
It is a good question, and really the answer is no. In fact the player could "cheat" with these files. They really are directed only at the GM running the AP.

There may be some limited use of the NPCs for a player, but really this is a GM tool, not a general use tool. One of the reasons it is a bit higher priced than a normal package, it has a one time purchase per group, as opposed to all in the group buying it I am thinking.
I feel like the price point being so high is actually a deterrent to players cheating by buying this package.

I mean, you can get the Anniversary edition from 1/2 price books or ebay for less than $25.

Or, to cheat better you'd spend $42 on the PDF direct from Paizo, and not only know what monsters you'd be fighting, but also what the plot is, where the traps are, how to get the best XP/Gold value from encounters, secret rooms, etc....

My question is, do people ACTUALLY share costs in their groups? I've NEVER been part of a group that shared costs. I'm about $1,000 in spending for my own group (Hero Lab stuff, RW, books, supplies, maps, etc...). I don't mind, since I'm the Librarian of my group, but I've not seen a red cent from those freeloaders in the 5 years we've been playing together.

Come to think of it...I always cook dinner for these cheapskates too....

(Who's a sucker? I'm a sucker.)
Pollution is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old April 10th, 2015, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
In the RotR AE, all of the monsters in the bestiary appendix are used in encounters.
Ah OK, most of my experience is with the original release and in every other AP there are monsters not used in the individual bestiaries.
AndrewD2 is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old April 10th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
My question is, do people ACTUALLY share costs in their groups? I've NEVER been part of a group that shared costs. I'm about $1,000 in spending for my own group (Hero Lab stuff, RW, books, supplies, maps, etc...). I don't mind, since I'm the Librarian of my group, but I've not seen a red cent from those freeloaders in the 5 years we've been playing together.
Our group splits cost on the shared items. So miniatures, tables, chairs etc. We have a lot of stuff now that will follow the group, its all shared cost.

Each player is responsible for buying their own software, Herolab, RWPE, books, dice, Paizo PDFs, etc.

GM covers cost of modules, RW GM edition, HL AP encounters (GM who is running this is May just pre-ordered this new HL add-on).

SO its decent arrangement, GM pays little more, but that's the cost of being GM. IF we order food, its shared.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 10th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorta View Post
Does this mean we'll have access to the monsters in the back of the APs? Or only the ones that are actually in the adventure?
If we sell an Adventure Path package with monsters in the back of the AP that are not in the encounters, you will still receive all of the monsters in the back of the AP when you purchase that Adventure Path package.
liz is offline   #30 Reply With Quote