Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 2nd, 2010, 06:55 PM
Right, but unless you count the hero's HD before First/500, you're too late to alter how many HD the companion gets.
Mathias is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 3rd, 2010, 05:11 AM
Oh, I see. Well, I'll just go back to my corner then.
Sendric is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
tc7

Old December 4th, 2010, 02:53 PM
well I got the seeker of secrets Thoecrat did, and boon companion worked but it is a level off
Im a ranger 5 assassin 3 meaning my companion is my ranger level -3 which 5-3=2
boon companion adds 4 up to your charater level
5-3+4=6 charater level is 8, so I should have a 6th level companion however when I put it in hero lab I always get capped at my ranger level of 5, if I add another level of ranger or assassin it goes to 6 but it always seems to be one level short

any help
tc7 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 5th, 2010, 02:00 PM
The math isn't that simple. It's your Ranger levels (5-3) plus your non-Ranger levels (3) up to 4 additional levels. Therefore at Ranger 5 Assassin 3 its (5-3)+3=5.
Sendric is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
tc7

Old December 7th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Im confused on where you get that math, It has nothing to do with your non-animal companion having levels

The abilities of your animal companion or familiar are calculated as though your class were four levels higher, to a maximum bonus equal to your character level. If you have more than one animal companion or familiar, choose one to receive this benefit. If you lose or dismiss an animal companion or familiar, you may apply this feat to the replacement creature.

so my animal companion class is ranger five meaning my effective druid level is 2 plus the 4 from the feat is 6. I dont see why your other classes even matter for any reason other than total character level
tc7 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Auke Teeninga

Old December 7th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc7 View Post
Im confused on where you get that math, It has nothing to do with your non-animal companion having levels

The abilities of your animal companion or familiar are calculated as though your class were four levels higher, to a maximum bonus equal to your character level. If you have more than one animal companion or familiar, choose one to receive this benefit. If you lose or dismiss an animal companion or familiar, you may apply this feat to the replacement creature.

so my animal companion class is ranger five meaning my effective druid level is 2 plus the 4 from the feat is 6. I dont see why your other classes even matter for any reason other than total character level
As a quickfix you can just add 4.

~First 497
~if the user hasn't selected a class to apply this feat to,
~there's nothing more we can do, so just get out
doneif (field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 0)

hero.childfound[cAnimClass].field[CompClAdj].value += 4
Auke Teeninga is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 7th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
are calculated as though your class were four levels higher, to a maximum bonus equal to your character level.
5th Ranger + 4 = 9th level Ranger but you are only 8th level so 8th level ranger - 3 = 5

If it calculated 5th level for the companion, it did it RAW. If it calculated anything else it failed.
risner is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
tc7

Old December 7th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
5th Ranger + 4 = 9th level Ranger but you are only 8th level so 8th level ranger - 3 = 5

If it calculated 5th level for the companion, it did it RAW. If it calculated anything else it failed.
im not an 8th level ranger though It is calculated up to your total class level, as if your animal companion level is 4 higher, it just cant exceed my total class level

5th level ranger +4 = 9th level -3 = 6level which is lower than my total class level of 8 meaning I have a 6th animal companion not 5th
tc7 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 7th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
im not an 8th level ranger
But your total class levels is 8. So you lose one level in the calculation.

I understand you are a 5th level ranger and 3rd level something else.

Ranger ACs are calculated as "Ranger level - 3"
Your Ranger level is 5, so 5-3 = 2nd AC
With this feat your class level granting AC is enhanced by 4 to the limit of your HD (5+4) = 9 limited by HD so 8.
Then your Ranger AC ability is processed so 8 - 3 = 5nd AC

That is RAW. If you don't like RAW and like house rule or you view RAW differently, you need to adjust the code.

Last edited by risner; December 7th, 2010 at 10:58 AM.
risner is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
tc7

Old December 7th, 2010, 11:05 AM
I have to disagree with your interpretation of RAW, it is made for multiclassing, it has nothing to do with a single class HD it is all total class level the feat says

the abilities of your animal companion or familiar are calculated as though your class were four levels higher,

so ranger5+feat4=ranger9-3=AC6

to a maximum bonus equal to your character level.

so my max AC level is 8
tc7 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote