Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitilus View Post
Not sure if you would consider this a bug. But the Casting Time for Feather Fall is an Immediate Action. In Hero Labs it just says "Action".
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Few other things. A 12 Level Summoner, his Eildion should only have 5 Natural Attacks. System is showing 6.
Thanks for catching this. Fixed in the next update. Turns out they changed the Max Attacks column of the Eidolon Base Statistics table from the playtest to the APG without changing anything else on that table, so I hadn't caught the change.
Mathias is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Also when the Summoner gets the "Large" Evolution it increases the cost of the Str / Con Evolutions (pg 64)
Another change from the playtest to the APG that I missed. Thanks again, this is fixed in the next update (as a note, the altered cost won't appear in the list of evolutions you can take, but will be calculated properly once added).
Mathias is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
I created a +1 Darkwood Heavy Shield. on the character sheet the Max Dex and Armor Check Penalty don't display. Just says "Max Dex: -, Armor Check: -"
"-" means "None" or "0". The heavy shield doesn't have a max dex bonus to begin with, and Masterwork (included in the +1) and darkwood together reduce the armor check penalty of a heavy shield to 0.
Mathias is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfshadow View Post
The obsessive racial trait for gnomes is not adding the +2 bonus for the profession skill. It does work for craft as expected.

To reproduce. Create a gnome character (using sorcerer for my tests). Advance to level 1, add profession (herbalist) skill. On background tab select profession(herbalist) from the drop down. Check the skill tab and the +2 bonus is not applied.
Profession skills cannot be used untrained. Using your test character, I added 1 skill rank to Profession: Herbalist, and the score changed to +6 (+3 for a class skill with ranks, 1 skill rank, +2 for Obsessive).

The bonus granted by Obsessive doesn't count as adding ranks for the purpose of whether or not you have training in the skill.
Mathias is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfshadow View Post
When adding gear, the price of the gear is not set correctly for the first item returned in a search. It is set to 0. If your search returned multiple results you can click a later result and then go back to the first one and the price then appears correctly. When using a search that returns only one result though I could not find a way to get the price to appear correctly.

Example:

*Go to the Gear tab.
*Click 'Click to add new gear of size'
*type in glass for search string.
*notice 'Bottle, wine, glass' is first result returned. In the pay section the amount is 0.
*click hourglass, pay amount updates to 25 gold which is correct.
*click back on bottle, wine, glass and the pay is updated to 2 gold which is correct.
*Now close the gear selection without adding anything.
*Click 'Click to add new gear of size'
*search for hourglass
*notice one result returned, 'hourglass' In the pay section the amount is 0.
*with only one result returned I can't seem to get the price to go to 25 as it should.

Looks like an on-click event does not fire for the first item returned in a search possibly.
I've put this on my to-do list, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Pathfinder changes how Ability Damage is handled. In 3.5, the score was reduced temporarily. In Pathfinder, a penalty of -1 per 2 points of Ability Damage is applied to specific checks based on each Ability, but the score is not reduced (page 555 in the Core Rulebook for reference).

The issue I am seeing is that I do not see any way to apply Ability damage except by actually applying a temporary adjustment to the Ability score, which reduces it for all purposes. The is especially problematic as reducing Strength can cause Encumbrance issues (reduced carrying capacity), or other secondary effects beyond what the Pathfinder rules specify.
I've added Ability Score Damage adjustments for the next update. Thanks for catching this.

(Although as a GM, I'm certainly house ruling my game so that the players aren't walking away from their fight with the Shadows (which deal STR damage) easily - there needs to be some effect on encumbrance, too)

(P.S. This way of handling ability damage was an optional rule in 3.5, it's apparently now become the way to do it).
Mathias is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
elfshadow

Old August 27th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Profession skills cannot be used untrained. Using your test character, I added 1 skill rank to Profession: Herbalist, and the score changed to +6 (+3 for a class skill with ranks, 1 skill rank, +2 for Obsessive)

The bonus granted by Obsessive doesn't count as adding ranks for the purpose of whether or not you have training in the skill.
Doh! Thanks!
elfshadow is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old August 27th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
I've added Ability Score Damage adjustments for the next update. Thanks for catching this.

(Although as a GM, I'm certainly house ruling my game so that the players aren't walking away from their fight with the Shadows (which deal STR damage) easily - there needs to be some effect on encumbrance, too)

(P.S. This way of handling ability damage was an optional rule in 3.5, it's apparently now become the way to do it).
Yes, from a "realism" perspective it makes sense to me. I also use the variant Facing rules from Unearthed Arcana because not having facing just feels "wrong" .. especially when using miniatures.
Silveras is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 28th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
This is the text from page 30 of the Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play, for the Legacy of Fire player's guide:

Please remember that "Campaign Trait" is a category of traits, like "Religion" or "Racial" - it does not refer to every trait published in an adventure path issue, only those specifically listed as campaign traits.

Ah, I missed that - thanks, Matthias!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #70 Reply With Quote