Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

jtnlange

Old September 13th, 2022, 10:19 AM
Is ther a quick way to get a PDF entered in to the system? or do I have tot go page by page and copy and past. I am starting my Shadowrun campaign back up and want to enter all the relevant material but I have a huge stack of books to go over and if there was a way to convert them to CSV and import them with the import tool that would be so much easier. If not then just the slow methodical way that will take me forever.

Trevor L.

Shadowrun has a different definition of fair than a game like D&D. In D&D fair means not throwing the PC's up against things they can't beat. In Shadowrun fair is if you piss off the dude with the gauss rifle you eat a gauss rifle - ShadowcatX
jtnlange is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old September 14th, 2022, 01:34 AM
A forum member (username Farling) has developed an Import tool and an Export tool for RealmWorks. I'm not quite computer literate enough to use them but most folks who DO use them are big fans.

Just do a search for his name - links to the posts with the tools are in his signature.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 16th, 2022, 07:58 AM
Are there other shadowrun web sites which publish any sort of open source license material which can provide CSV files for use with the importer?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jtnlange

Old September 19th, 2022, 06:31 AM
Thats the issue I havent found any. I have soooo many books I want to enter but it will be a time consuming process. If I have to I have to but if anyone knows of any tricks to speed it up I am always open. Also if anyone wants to collaborate I would be more the willing to share anything we do.

Trevor L.

Shadowrun has a different definition of fair than a game like D&D. In D&D fair means not throwing the PC's up against things they can't beat. In Shadowrun fair is if you piss off the dude with the gauss rifle you eat a gauss rifle - ShadowcatX
jtnlange is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 19th, 2022, 02:34 PM
If all you have is a PDF then you really arent in a positive position. It is possible, I've seen it done with incredibly custom and labour intensive OCR programs. PDF's aren't equal though so it will depend on a few elements such as age of the pdf and if the pdfs are locked.

If you can cut and paste from the pdf then you may be able to use some of the more advanced (expensive) pdf tools to extract the text.

Ultimately though... csv and json are magical formats that you can do incredible things. Farlings json csv importer for Obsidian.md is incredible with how powerful it is. Completely game changing given you can not only import your content but also design what the import looks like using Handlebar templates.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote