Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 27th, 2023, 01:19 AM
As some of you may have seen from our recent newsletter or in the store, preorders are now available for the upcoming Remaster content for PF2. Since all magic items have all been moved to GM Core, we’ve elected to bundle both Player Core and GM Core as a single purchase in order to give a complete set of base content for character creation and play. Going forward, purchases of the PF2 game system will include the original CRB, GMG, Player Core, and GM Core.

The primary goal in our approach is to give players and gaming groups full control over when - or even if - they adopt the Remaster content. Some groups may wish to convert immediately, while others may wish to stick with the existing books for a period of time. As such, existing characters will not automatically adopt the Remaster content when it is unlocked for your account. Instead, they will present the option to be transformed into Remaster characters, which will create a new copy of them using the Remaster content. This preserves the original CRB character while also allowing them to be reviewed as Remaster characters even if your game isn't switching over yet.

New characters can be created using either the original CRB content OR Remaster content, with CRB characters able to be transformed into Remaster when you choose. However, once a character becomes a Remaster character, it cannot be changed back to an original CRB character - it's a one way trip (though the original version will still exist in your account). Likewise, the Remaster content will not be a source that can be toggled like normal books can be (Rage of Elements for instance). A character must be created as a Remaster character or transformed into one.

Remaster characters will be able to use all existing source materials, except for content that has been replaced or obviated. There are numerous Remaster feats, spells, and other mechanics that represent a fundamental change to existing material, and the new rules will supersede the old material. In contrast, characters based upon the existing source materials will most likely not be able to use post-Remaster sourcebooks. This is still being given thought, but as those books will build upon Remaster content, there may not be a clear way to support them with pre-Remaster content.
Daniel V is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ed Reppert

Old October 23rd, 2023, 03:44 PM
I had to make a special exception to get here. I clicked on the link in your other post on the Remaster, and Firefox balked because "the site's security certificate has expired." It didn't want to let me come here, but I beat it into submission. This time. :-)
Ed Reppert is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old October 23rd, 2023, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Reppert View Post
I had to make a special exception to get here. I clicked on the link in your other post on the Remaster, and Firefox balked because "the site's security certificate has expired." It didn't want to let me come here, but I beat it into submission. This time. :-)
The forum's security certificate has been expired for upwards of two years now.

Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 25th, 2023, 05:57 AM
Forum is janky, and as I understand it there's been complications with migrating it (it's been looked into a number of times). It was a bit of the driving force behind the establishment of a Discord server. But glad you made it here.
Daniel V is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old October 25th, 2023, 06:48 AM
There's a Discord server?!
mototom is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 25th, 2023, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
There's a Discord server?!
Seconding that question! Can you post a link to it?

EDIT: Found it on the LW webpage!

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; October 25th, 2023 at 10:45 PM.
Dami is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Shadowfoot

Old October 25th, 2023, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
Seconding that question! Can you post a link to it?

EDIT: Found it on the LW webpage!
I hadn’t seen that either. Took me a bit of time to find it though it’s obvious on https://www.wolflair.com/

https://discord.gg/u9GyjHdTD5

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Need spawns invention, but imagination gives rise to need. — Logic of Design
Shadowfoot is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old October 30th, 2023, 07:43 AM
Moral of the story... always make a duplicate of a character before you try weird stuff on it.
LazarX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
AranMull

Old November 2nd, 2023, 06:07 AM
I am not seeing a way to create remastered characters yet.

If I am missing something I need to activate on HLO please let me know. I did purchase the remaster material on HLO. With the books officially out (very much enjoying reading through them!) I am wondering when we will be able to put together remaster characters (and perform conversions) within HLO.

If there is already the option to do so and I am missing it please take pity on a fool and point me in the right direction.
AranMull is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 2nd, 2023, 08:26 AM
Only people who have pre-ordered from Paizo have access to the books right now. Stores may not sell the remaster until November 15th, which is the same day we're allowed to release the remaster.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote