Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Pooptickler

Old September 19th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Is there a way to increase your Max Dex bonus to your armours? In our upcoming epic campaign, the DM's letting me trade a wish to remove the max dex bonus on my platemail. But I have no idea how to change it.
Pooptickler is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 19th, 2017, 07:14 PM
You could create a custom armor which overrides the normal max dex for platemail in the editor.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old September 19th, 2017, 07:22 PM
How do I go about doing that, if I could ask? I didn't realize I could fully custom-create armour.
Pooptickler is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old September 20th, 2017, 01:58 AM
In the editor ("Tools" --> "Show Editor" on the Menu bar), go to the Equipment tab, Armour tab. Click the button "New (Copy)" and select Full Plate (assuming that's your armour).
Assign a new "Unique ID" (top line) and probably change the name, then on the left column alter the value for "Max Dex Bonus". Save!

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old September 20th, 2017, 08:50 AM
Neat, thanks. I'll add that when I get home tonight.
Pooptickler is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 20th, 2017, 08:51 AM
Dami's suggestion would work if your intention was to make all platemail have unlimited dex bonus for all characters, but I got the impression your wish was only for your specific set to be unlimited. If that is the case, do the following.

Open the editor, go to the "Equipment" Supra tab and select the "Armor, Magic" tab under it. Create a new item and scroll down to the "Base Details" section in the center column. The first item under that header is "Base Armor", click that, then "click to add another bootstrap" and select platemail. Now the resulting suit of armor will inherit all the attributes of platemail, except the ones we specify as different. So look a little further down and you should see a line for "Maximum Dexterity Bonus", in the dropdown select "1000", which is effectively unlimited. Now give your armor a name and description and unique ID. Save the file and thing you made, then hit the test now button to integrate it. Add it to a test character and make sure the Max Dex has been altered.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old September 20th, 2017, 02:29 PM
I should have said change the name to something specific like "PT's Plate" to avoid confusion with existing platemail.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #7 Reply With Quote