Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

barrelv

Old December 5th, 2014, 10:13 AM
I have a dynamic table that add magic runes to magic gear. Each Rune has both a money cost (which I have working) and a power cost (which isn't working right).

I was trying to track the power cost by using the addpick parameter, but that only does 1-per-add. Any way to get the table to have the reduction be based off of a value on the Thing? or do I need to implement a second set of the 'spend money' process specifically for the power cost?
barrelv is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 5th, 2014, 12:14 PM
You're tracking the power cost with a resource, right?

So take a look at whatever you're using to add to the resSpent of that resource - you're just adding +1 per item, right? Can you change that to instead use the value of a field?

From what I remember glancing over IK, the power cost isn't the same as a cash cost - when you remove one of the abilities in the armor/weapon, you get the power back, but you wouldn't get the cash back. If I'm remembering that correctly, then the resource is the correct way to handle the power available vs. power currently in use.

Last edited by Mathias; December 5th, 2014 at 01:29 PM.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
barrelv

Old December 5th, 2014, 12:43 PM
wow, I'm a dummy. completely forgot that I'm actually spending the resource via an eval script on the thing.

Thanks again. problem solved.
barrelv is offline   #3 Reply With Quote