Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Cobalt-Blue

Old November 26th, 2014, 06:01 PM
I'm thinking of trying to use Hero Lab to create a character generator for Guardians of Order's (now defunct) old D20 Silver Age Sentinel's super hero roleplaying game for my players to use. My question is this: In which would be easier to build it, the authoring kit starting from scratch or modifying the D20 system as it is? Either way, I'm going to have to purchase one of them, I'm just wanting to make sure that I get the correct product.
Cobalt-Blue is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 27th, 2014, 10:33 AM
You won't be able to modify one of our packaged systems unless all you want to accomplish is adding and subtracting a few items in the editor. If you need to change the mechanics, I'm sorry to say that you'll need to start from scratch.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Cobalt-Blue

Old November 27th, 2014, 01:26 PM
So, the authoring kit is the way to go? Will I need the super powers add on, or is that add on specific to Mutants And Masterminds?
Cobalt-Blue is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kairos
Volunteer Data File Author

Old November 28th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt-Blue View Post
So, the authoring kit is the way to go? Will I need the super powers add on, or is that add on specific to Mutants And Masterminds?
You'll need to build the entire system from the ground up. The source for the inidividual data sets (d20, MM) are not available. The Authoring Kit, however, comes with D&D4e and Savage Worlds, and you can access any rule set made with it, but there is no d20/SRD rule set for the AK.

Authoring Kit Rule Sets (now with functioning links!):

Qin: The Warring States

Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space

MEGS/BoH/DC Heroes (work in progress)
Kairos is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Cobalt-Blue

Old November 28th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
You'll need to build the entire system from the ground up. The source for the inidividual data sets (d20, MM) are not available. The Authoring Kit, however, comes with D&D4e and Savage Worlds, and you can access any rule set made with it, but there is no d20/SRD rule set for the AK.
Okay, thank you for that information. It helps a lot.
Cobalt-Blue is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 28th, 2014, 10:44 AM
The Savage Worlds Super Powers Companion package contains HL content from a specific book that's available for the Savage Worlds game system - the Super Powers Companion. So unless you're using Savage Worlds, that won't add anything. And if you're creating something based on d20, I doubt that it would be very useful for implementation ideas, since it's for a different system.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote