Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old February 28th, 2014, 03:36 AM
I see an option to remove spellcasting, but I cant seem to get hero labs to "Add" spellcasting.

I can add to the CL of another class, but that's not what I'm trying to do, I want to add casting to a non-casting class. A variant that allows a rogue to cast like a wizard or a cleric. (Using spells, bonus spells, spell attributes etc from that class).

I see something like that happening with the Clerist variant levels but holy cow, I don't really want to build a new class progression from scratch (yet), I just want the same progression as a Wizard or a Cleric or whatever caster class I choose.

And, yes what I am doing is essentially gestalting, and yes I've gotten what I want working by taking the caster class and adding all of the custom abilities from the non-caster class to the caster class. But when I do that none of the class specials appear on the specials list in hero labs.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 28th, 2014, 05:30 AM
Using the Clerist as a jumping off point, I was able to create a very basic class variant that added spellcasting to a fighter class.

Script 1: First/100
Code:
perform hero.childfound[cHelpFtr].assign[CasterSrc.Divine]
perform hero.childfound[cHelpFtr].assign[CasterType.MemAll]
perform hero.childfound[cHelpFtr].assign[sClass.Cleric]
Script 2: Post-Attributes/10100
Code:
hero.childfound[cHelpFtr].field[cMemMax].arrayvalue[0]=3
hero.childfound[cHelpFtr].field[cMemMax].arrayvalue[1]=2
That seems to be the way to do it. This allows the fighter access to the Cleric spell list, and allows it to select 3 0-level spells and 2 1st-level spells. Obviously, more would need to be done, and yea, its a lot of work. I don't think there's an easier way, unfortunately. Maybe we could create a class special with a chooser, then use the choice to set the memmax. I'll play around with that a little bit.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old February 28th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Yeah, I guess I'll have to go back and study the clerist code.

If I had an equation for progression of each level, that would eliminate alot of the code. But I've been trying to make one of those for the bonus spells based on high ability scores for a while (epic rings of wizardry). But my math sucks.

Hrm.. an interesting problem, I work on it too.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote