Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

galloglaich

Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:14 AM
Hi,

I am a newbie here so I hope I'll be forgiven if I've put this in the wrong place. I am the developer of a game called Codex Martialis which is essentially an alternative combat system for D20. It has been out for about 7 years and has a fairly well established, if small, niche today. One thing which is missing though is an easy to use character generation system.

A friend recommended Hero Lab and told me about the community here. My (rather shaky) understanding is that once you develop a framework which can be customized (? is that correct) by users, and subsequently can then be extended with data files so that you can develop characters for that system.

Codex has a few substantial differences to out of the box 3.x DnD, perhaps analagous to Pathfinder, maybe a bit more different. I was hoping that I might be able to find someone here who is familiar enough with this system that they could develop the core mechanics customizations necessary for some other people in the codex martialis community to begin to make codex character development databases for various historical and fantasy settings.

I only have a small budget but I would be interested in possibly hiring someone who does this kind of development with Hero Labs, assuming that it's possible to do so. I'd also love to hear more about what is required, and any information folks here might be willing to share about how much time this might take (in terms of development hours) and if it's even feasible.

Thanks for reading this and I hope I have posted this in the right part of the forum.

Galloglaich.
galloglaich is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 4th, 2013, 04:46 PM
I would LOVE to see this! I tried playing around with it a little a while back but the Authoring Kit is just a bit out of my league and I didn't get too far at all. Having a way to make Codex characters would be really, really useful so I definitely hope someone here might be up to the challenge.

You might want to ask about this on the Authoring Kit forum too, though. I think that's where most of the folks who do actual game system coding are more likely to see this, whereas here you find more data file work being done instead.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote