Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

nuku

Old February 16th, 2016, 12:30 PM
So I have a trait. It gives +1 cmb at certain times. Here's my eval text to the trait:
Quote:
#situational[hero.child[pCMBBonSp]," +1 while quadrupedal",field[thingname].text]
Am I using the wrong target, or just doing it entirely wrong?
nuku is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 16th, 2016, 12:38 PM
What's wrong with that? Is HL reporting an error message, or is it not showing up, or is there some other problem?

Also, if you're adding +1 CMB, what is "pCMBBonSp"? The "p" prefix suggests that it's an "In-Play Adjustment", so I don't think that's something you'd normally be altering with a situational modifier.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old February 16th, 2016, 01:15 PM
Try this:

Code:
doneif (hero.tagis[Helper.Quadruped] = 0)

hero.childfound[ManeuvBon].field[Bonus].value += 1
That may not work as-is; I'm not at my HL computer so I'm taking tagnames and thingid's from memory. But the point is, you don't really need a situational for this, because "is this character quadrupedal?" is a question HL knows how to answer (by checking for the tag). So it can include the bonus in its calculations when appropriate.

Of course, this assumes the character is receiving the tag when appropriate. I'm guessing you're making a custom race that can choose between quadrupedal or bipedal modes? If that's the case, you'll want to make sure to assign Helper.Quadruped to the character at the appropriate time. But that's probably for another thread, should you need help there.
TheIronGolem is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
nuku

Old February 16th, 2016, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
What's wrong with that? Is HL reporting an error message, or is it not showing up, or is there some other problem?

Also, if you're adding +1 CMB, what is "pCMBBonSp"? The "p" prefix suggests that it's an "In-Play Adjustment", so I don't think that's something you'd normally be altering with a situational modifier.
Ah ha! So what tag would show up in the right place? It just doesn't appear anywhere I can find it.
nuku is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 16th, 2016, 01:50 PM
I'd start with TheIronGolem's idea.

If not, think about things you've seen in Pathfinder - can you think of any other options that add +1 CMB in certain circumstances? If you've got Halflings of Golarion, how about a trait named "Equality for All"? (I found that one by going to the Feats tab in the program, opening the traits list, and entering "CMB" as my search text).
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
nuku

Old February 16th, 2016, 02:05 PM
Boom, perfect. Thank you.
nuku is offline   #6 Reply With Quote