Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dagda21

Old November 23rd, 2010, 04:43 AM
Hi...was just wondering if anyone had looked into this. I looked here on the forms, but did not see anything. Is Hero Lab able to create such characters?
Thanks for any help you can give.
dagda21 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old November 23rd, 2010, 07:24 AM
Do you mean 0-Level characters?

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2010, 08:00 AM
Please remember that most of us don't have every 3rd party book memorized. How does an apprentice-level character differ from a normal character?
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dagda21

Old November 23rd, 2010, 01:03 PM
Sorry about that....yes I mean a 0-level character...I sometimes forget you guys are not actually part of Paizo..lol.
The characters start with about 1/2 of their abilities for their class and reduced skill points. "The Genius Guide to Apprentice-Level Characters" is the pdf that I am using for the rules. I do not know if you are familar with it or not.
Again thanks for any help you might be able to shed on this topic.
dagda21 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2010, 02:10 PM
I'm not familiar with it, and I'm afraid I'm not aware of any other attempts to implement this.

Depending on the details of what needs to happen, I'd either recommend an adjustment, a template, or a set of archetypes that applies the differences between the base class and the apprentice class. Whatever's added would be deleted when the character gets to full 1st level.

Do any classes lose class abilities that they'd normally get at 1st level - Druids don't get Wild Empathy yet, or Rogues don't get sneak attack, for example? Or are all the differences applied to the saves, BAB, skills and spells?
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2010, 02:12 PM
Why don't you figure out what the one or two most complex set of changes are (make at least one a spellcasting class), and give me the details - I'll help you work through one or two of them, and hopefully that'll give you enough to do the rest.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old November 23rd, 2010, 02:26 PM
Could you not just use a standard character and not spend all of your skill points and feats? Or does it allow you to be a 1st level character with say a half level of fighter and half level of thief? Just curious as I am not familiar with the publication either.
Thazar is offline   #7 Reply With Quote