Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Farmer42

Old October 14th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Hey, Love the program, it's running great, but I just noticed an error. With the SoulKnife on the damage calculating for the mindblade, it doesn't add the enhancement bonuses for levels.
Farmer42 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2007, 03:06 PM
As the person who coded in the Psionic classes for LWD, I can tell you that the enhancement bonuses are one of a number of pieces of the Soulblade class that can't be written properly without some more back-end coding.

So, it's a known bug, but please do keep up the bug reports, because there will be things that aren't known.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
darkpaladin45

Old February 20th, 2009, 04:52 AM
So I take it that this bug has never been fixed? I created a 10th level Soulknife, and I've noticed several issues.

1. The +2 enhancement bonus to attack and damage for the mind blade is not being added to either.
2. The +1 from the Greater Weapon Focus (Mind Blade) is also not being added to the attack.

Thanks

-Chris
darkpaladin45 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 26th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpaladin45 View Post
2. The +1 from the Greater Weapon Focus (Mind Blade) is also not being added to the attack.
This appears to be a timing issue. I created a new class special to replace the old one. I then changed the Phase from Pre-Levels to Post-Levels, and voila!

There might be a deeper bug that causes this timing issue, but for those looking for a quick fix, this appears to be it.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zero_traveler

Old December 12th, 2011, 09:55 PM
On this subject, I just got done looking at the 3.5 soulknife and I noticed that mindblade does not show up on the custom magic item list as a base weapon.

The easiest way I could see, (as a non-programmer...) Is to just add mindblades to the weapon list for custom magic weapons. That would solve his 1st issue, ie, not getting the bonuses from the mindblades class enhancement.

Unless you're going to add a seperate tab to handle its class addon abilities.

Remember, the special abilities it can have have to total up to =< the total enhancement (ie the basic +1, +2...) Of the weapon.

So If the skn has a +3 mindblade, it can have special abils off its ability table that total up to +3 enhancement, in addition to the base +3
zero_traveler is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Nightfox

Old December 30th, 2011, 08:33 PM
@Sendric
you make the solution sound so simple, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to replace class special for one of the base classes. I can copy the class, and fix the special that way, but that leaves me with 2 soulknife classes in the class list. Are you using Authoring to modify the class?
Nightfox is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:52 AM
In the lower right of the editor for your new version of the Class Level, there is a "Replaces Thing ID" box. Enter in the unique ID for the old version, and it will be replaced by your new one.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Nightfox

Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:04 AM
Thank you Aaron. I feel silly that I've been doing this the hard way this whole time.
Nightfox is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:15 AM
No problem, happy to help.
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote