Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I don't see a meaningful distinction in the text. Either the monster has DR that is overcome by one of your damage types for that weapon, or it doesn't.

Monster X has DR 5/Bludgeoning. I hit him with Weapon Y that is both P and B and negate his DR. I hit him with Weapon Z that does P or B, since I get to choose I pick B and negate his DR. It works out the same, no?

The only instance where it would matter, is where a monster requires 2 types of weapon damage to overcome it's DR.

Monster A has DR 5/Bludgeoning and Piercing. Weapon Y negates the DR, Z doesn't (since you can only choose 1).

Monster B has DR 5/Bludgeoning or Piercing. Weapon Y negates the DR, Z also does.

I've seen some monsters who have 2 weapon damages linked by "or" but I can't think of any that link it by "and". Can anyone else come up with an example of and for 2 damage types?
In the case I ran into a creature hit with a Piercing weapon caused its diseases to splash on the character that hit it.

So a Dagger could use Slashing and be fine but the Morningstar can't choose and causes the splash back. The whole thing grew bigger as the player was using HL and it showed it as P/B weapon and it was not until I showed the core rules that it was AND not OR for a Morningstar that the "discussion" ended.

Funnier was same session the PCs where in water and Bludgeoning/Slashing weapons do Half damage. So again as it was the Morningstar guy wanted to not take the half damage as it was a B/P weapon.

Not saying your not correct about DR but the above are to places where it does matter actually.

Its not a huge deal actually and more of a note that it should correctly show the values but I figured it would end up SUPER low on the priority list.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #431 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So after the latest update a new section under races appeared called "Featured Races". Currently unable to hide these "Featured Races" like you can with other type of races.

In example before the last update after I checked "No Extra Races, No Minion Races, and No NPC Races" all I would see are the "Core" races.

Thanks
I added a new configuration option and renamed No Extra Races to No Uncommon Races.
Aaron is offline   #432 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
In the case I ran into a creature hit with a Piercing weapon caused its diseases to splash on the character that hit it.

So a Dagger could use Slashing and be fine but the Morningstar can't choose and causes the splash back. The whole thing grew bigger as the player was using HL and it showed it as P/B weapon and it was not until I showed the core rules that it was AND not OR for a Morningstar that the "discussion" ended.

Funnier was same session the PCs where in water and Bludgeoning/Slashing weapons do Half damage. So again as it was the Morningstar guy wanted to not take the half damage as it was a B/P weapon.

Not saying your not correct about DR but the above are to places where it does matter actually.

Its not a huge deal actually and more of a note that it should correctly show the values but I figured it would end up SUPER low on the priority list.
Ah, I see your point. I wasn't thinking of it in terms of rules other than DR. I'll put it on the to-do list then.
Aaron is offline   #433 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbyrket View Post
RE Inner Sea Magic

The Guild ability Eclectic Training adds 2 caster levels at 5 prestige and 4 at 35 and these should be 1 and 3.
Fixed, thanks.
Aaron is offline   #434 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartnet View Post
Catfolk alt trait Climber when you add this the Sprinter trait is not removed.

Same for nimble faller.
Fixed, thanks.
Aaron is offline   #435 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned.

I made a devil-Spawn Tiefling and switched out my Spell-like ability with Maw or Claw but the Spell-like ability, Pyrotechnics still shows on the character.
I'll put this on the to-do list, there are some complications. I think we need to rework the tiefling variant abilities as ARTs.
Aaron is offline   #436 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imper1um View Post
Circumstance Bonuses stack.
As such, Healer's Kit and Surgeon's Tools should stack with each other.
Circumstance modifiers from different sources/conditions stack. In this case, Surgeons Tools raise the bonus from a healers kit. Add and equip both items and you'll see the +3 bonus to your characters Heal skill.
Aaron is offline   #437 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
The Lamia Matriarch should have access to Clerical spells as well as arcane spells per the power listed with them. Bestiary 2, pg 175.

Right now it only has access to arcane only.
I'm showing the base race does have cleric spells to. You may have added sorcerer levels, which caused the monster to lose access to them. This was a previously reported bug, which is resolved for the next release.
Aaron is offline   #438 Reply With Quote
Belafon

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:38 PM
More PFS stuff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Additional Resources - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Advanced Race Guide
Note: Alternate racial traits, racial archetypes, racial feats, and racial spells are only available for characters of the associated race.
This is being applied properly for the traits, archetypes, and feats, but spells are not being limited by race.
Belafon is offline   #439 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belafon View Post
1) Several of the Ioun stones from Seekers of Secrets are only appearing in their lesser (cracked or flawed) forms, the base form is not available to be chosen:
-Amber Spindle
-Crimson Sphere
-Emerald Ellipsoid
-Onyx Rhomboid (the lesser forms are misspelled as Onxy Rhomboid)

2) The weretiger lycanthrope template is showing all natural weapon damage as one size category larger than it should be.

3) When a lycanthrope chooses a hybrid form which is one size category larger than the base creature, manufactured weapons (and weapon damage) is not being increased to match the new size.
Thanks for the report. The base forms of those Ioun stones were marked to Rise of the Runelords, added the Seeker of Secrets source to them, and fixed the spelling issue.

Lycanthrope review is on our list of things to look over, but isn't done for this release.
Aaron is offline   #440 Reply With Quote