Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old September 14th, 2013, 09:17 PM
I am entering data for a class ability that grants Dark Vision 60'. I want to make it add to any possible existing level of Dark Vision (most likely from a race). Is there a good way that one of you have figured out and is willing to share?
Thanks

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old September 15th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Looks like a few classes have it. Look under the class specials in the editor. Looks like the Oracle has one you can copy. You'll need to adjust the "condition" on the bootstrap to the class you want.
Frodie is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old September 15th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Thanks, I had not seen a class have it in a game yet. I will check that out.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old September 15th, 2013, 09:46 AM
OK, I figured out the ability. It is called "Pierce the Veil". The problem that I am having is that I cannot locate it in the Editor, I cannot find any of the Oracle Revelations, Mysteries, or curses. Looking at the Oracle class, they are listed as custom abilities, but I cannot see what it is referencing to, let alone how I might look at them. I do not find them as Class Specials, Custom Abilities, or in Abilities.

I know that I am blind, but what if someone came up with more Oracle mysteries, revelations, or curses? I cannot figure out where they would be added. Similarly, how would someone add or modify a Wizard's specialty school?

Are some of the tabs hiding? That would explain a lot if some tabs are not viewable by us. I would make a copy of the Oracle and look at it with Visual Studio instead but we cannot make a copy. I can do that with the Wizard, though, so maybe that will help me figure it out.

SeeleyOne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 15th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Its under the "Custom Ability" tab in the editor. Same place you find Rogue Talents, Rage Powers, and many class "Custom Abilities" for classes.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old September 15th, 2013, 11:28 AM
In the class special tab, there are a few "Darkvision" abilities. There are a handful of them listed under darkvision.
Frodie is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old September 15th, 2013, 12:09 PM
As usual, thanks again guys.

That also shows me how it compares them, being as it is the Oracle's Tertiary ability. That is kind of a clever way to handle it, in that you do not need to make up a name for each type of thing (Rogue ability, Oracle Revelation, etc). You just need to match it to Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, etc and to the class.

It is sad that I can look over things and not notice it, but then someone says "it is right here" and it is suddenly visible. I suppose that as I play with it more I will become better at noticing before I give up and ask.

SeeleyOne is offline   #7 Reply With Quote