Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old September 15th, 2014, 05:07 AM
Before my questions, I want everyone to thank GLBVI for adding to the Faerun content thanks to him you'll be having some partial content from two new Faerun Books: Faiths and Pantheons and Champions of Ruin for the next update. Lots of Stuff dealing with the deity of Shar in particular.

Coding Questions:

I am running into several issues with some of the projects I have and I was wondering if anyone might have some thoughts on how I could handle these issues.

The title is a bit vague because there are several related (and unrelated questions).

1) I have a race that overrides the normal +1 attribute point every 3 levels. Instead it grants +3 attribute point every 4 levels. Now I can alter the frequency [tAttrEvol] but it still displays the correct levels on the character tab. Is there a way to fix it so it adds the proper number of skill points but it still displays the incorrect level and gives an error that they have "Too many attribute points per level."

2) The variant rules for a sourcebook I am working on adds a 7th Attribute Score. Appearance (App). I've been told that it is impossible to code. But I believe that I have found a way, but I like the expertise to do this because I would have to change some of the base code. Anyone have some thoughts as to how I might go about this.

I know there are people out there who have done similar.

3) A sourcebook I am working on is adding two new item slots. (Horn) and (Wings x2). [My Little Pony] I know for a fact that is possible because, there is a Rune slot which is most definately not a D20 3.5 item slot. But I cant find how it was done.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 15th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
1) I have a race that overrides the normal +1 attribute point every 3 levels. Instead it grants +3 attribute point every 4 levels. Now I can alter the frequency [tAttrEvol] but it still displays the correct levels on the character tab. Is there a way to fix it so it adds the proper number of skill points but it still displays the incorrect level and gives an error that they have "Too many attribute points per level."
All I can say on this is I tried before in Pathfinder to do this and it did not go well. Basically it will take some time to figure out the right timing to adjust the values correctly. I would like to add the ability for this to be more easily adjusted but that is still down the road.

Quote:
2) The variant rules for a sourcebook I am working on adds a 7th Attribute Score. Appearance (App). I've been told that it is impossible to code. But I believe that I have found a way, but I like the expertise to do this because I would have to change some of the base code. Anyone have some thoughts as to how I might go about this.

I know there are people out there who have done similar.
I don't think this can be done outside of the Base Code which editors don't have access to. At least that has always been LW's answer when it was asked before. Personally I am not 100% sure that is true. It would be several weeks before I had time to investigate this actually.

Quote:
3) A sourcebook I am working on is adding two new item slots. (Horn) and (Wings x2). [My Little Pony] I know for a fact that is possible because, there is a Rune slot which is most definitely not a D20 3.5 item slot. But I cant find how it was done.
Again from my understanding item slots can't be created outside the the Base Code. Rune slots are from 3.5 for Pathfinder the Adventure Path not Pathfinder the RPG. LW was supporting the AP's which included Rise of the Runelords that added a Rune slot. So it was added to the d20 base code. That is how it was added.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old September 15th, 2014, 11:46 AM
I just noticed I have two posts with the same questions I dont know how or why that happened. I dont remember double posting.

Sorry about this..
TobyFox2002 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote