Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 2nd, 2014, 02:29 AM
The update below was included in our September newsletter that went out tonight. As it gives insight in where we're at with player edition, I wanted to cross-post it here.

----

At long last, we have some great news for Realm Works users! A new release is out, and everything for Player Edition is in the hands of the Beta team. Based on our internal testing, we believe this is the last Beta release before we make Player Edition available to the public. Unless any major new issues are uncovered, we should be able to release Player Edition within the next two weeks!

We’re eager to get Player Edition released, so your players can begin leveraging this powerful tool! Player Edition allows players to access and review content revealed by the GM on their own computers outside of the game session. Players can also independently lookup information, review what they’ve learned, and even make notes with same powerful linking capabilities as the GM version.

We intended to get Player Edition out before the end of the month, but our ever-vigilant Beta team uncovered a number of subtle, but critical, issues that we needed to work through. Unfortunately, some of those issues required substantial work to get them resolved. While it was a frustrating setback for the development team, we believe that those issues have now been fixed and that we’re finally in the home stretch.

When Player Edition officially becomes available, we’ll share the news here on the forums, on our website, and on our social media, so be sure to “like” Realm Works on Facebook, follow @lonewolfdevel on Twitter, and follow Lone Wolf Development on Google+.
liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 3rd, 2014, 04:15 PM
A new version of Realm Works is now available, which should fix the issues that some users were running into. You can get the new update by selecting "Check For New Updates" from the Tools menu within the launcher. If you encounter any additional issues, please submit a bug report or email support@wolflair.com.

Last edited by liz; October 3rd, 2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Added additional information on how to get the update.
liz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 10th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Another version of Realm Works has been made available. This version fixes some crashes that users have been running into, as well as some minor updates. The full list of changes is outlined in the release notes.

You can get the new update by selecting "Check For New Updates" from the Tools menu within the launcher. If you encounter any additional issues, please submit a bug report or email support@wolflair.com.
liz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old October 19th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Liz,
While I (and I'm sure others) enjoy the patch updates for the realm works releases...
YOU KEEP GETTING MY HOPES UP only to dash them when I see "updates" in the Realm Works Player Edition - The Home Stretch thread and I discover no RWPE update.

We love ya gal, but how about an update on the beta team and a crumb or two one the LWD teams progress on the PE....
Purdy Please?

DLG
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 20th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Hey there DLG, I promise you an update this week. I'm shooting for tomorrow. I'll see if I can scrape up some crumbs too.
liz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Coldashes

Old October 20th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Yes please!!!!!
Coldashes is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 21st, 2014, 03:46 PM
As promised, here are some breadcrumbs... This went up onto our website today.
liz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mmurphy

Old October 21st, 2014, 04:05 PM
Ok, where on your website did you post this 'nugget' of information?
Mmurphy is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old October 21st, 2014, 04:06 PM
You are such a tease, Liz...
DMG is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old October 21st, 2014, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmurphy View Post
Ok, where on your website did you post this 'nugget' of information?
It's in the FAQ:

http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/s...ked-questions/
DMG is offline   #10 Reply With Quote