Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

saintaurik

Old September 21st, 2014, 05:52 AM
I had a question about the sorcerer class in the 3.5 d20 system and hero lab. I was looking through the pathfinder sorcerer and noticed bloodlines. Is there anyway without completely re-making the sorcerer class to add the bloodlines? I only ask because I really don't want to switch to the pathfinder system but I do like some of the things that pathfinder does.
saintaurik is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old September 21st, 2014, 12:07 PM
Hrm, that's an interesting question, I suppose there might be a way to to "fudge" the system but, directly creating bloodlines. Not really.

Without reallying knowing the full details (quickly skimming bloodlines). I'd have to say class variants, but it would a bit of coding to choose between the three levels of traits Minor, Intermediate and Major traits.

The second possible way to do it is through Templates, which may be a bit more flexible with the level by level abilities. I'll have to consider, its a good question.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 22nd, 2014, 05:15 AM
Actually, you could do them as custom abilities. You can't replace the Sorcerer Class thing in the class tab of the editor, but you CAN replace the Class Level thing. So, the way to do it is to create a new .user file (or open up one you already have, but isn't part of the community set). Then go to the Class Level tab, and select New (Copy) --> Sorcerer. Give it a new unique id, then put "cSorcerer" in the Replaces Thing Id window. Add an eval script to increase custom abilities to cHelpSor as appropriate for Bloodlines. Then add your bloodlines custom abilities.

It's important to note that the Class Level gets added to the character every level so you might have to play around with the script a little bit. If this proves a problem, you could also bootstrap a class special that is set to "Unique" that has the script. That way, the special only gets bootstrapped once no matter how many levels you get. If you need help with the script, let me know, and I'll take a look at it. To me, though, this is the easiest way to do it.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
saintaurik

Old September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 PM
Thank you both for your responses. I appreciate the wisdom of more experienced people with this program.
saintaurik is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 24th, 2014, 10:38 AM
No problem. BTW, upon thinking about this some more, you might want to go with the Class Variant, depending on your ultimate goal. Replacing cSorcerer would cause all Sorcerers to have Bloodlines. A class variant would allow you to pick and choose which ones get them.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote