Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Kaleb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 577

Old October 2nd, 2013, 12:47 AM
I am trying to make a Firearms Combat style for the ranger I copied the archery combat style and made subed firearms for archery and it is working fine but I would like to change the bonus feats and do not know where to change them the eval script for the archery combat style is

~ at level 6, we add more bonus feats available (we add them to ourself,
~ and then at First/1500, all fInclude tags are forwarded to the class)
if (hero.tagcount[Classes.Ranger] >= 6) then
perform assign[BonusFor.RgrArch6]
endif

~ at level 10, we add more bonus feats available (we add them to ourself,
~ and then at First/1500, all fInclude tags are forwarded to the class)

I think this is the statement that points to the bonus feats [perform assign[BonusFor.RgrArch6] ] but I am unsure how to modify it so I can change the bonus feats

Ca someone tell me how to go about changing that statement to change the bonus feats please
Kaleb is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,792

Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Unfortunately, those tags are made by us, and users don't have access to those mechanisms. You can still do this though, you just have to overwrite the correct field after it is set by those tags and whatnot. The field is "cBonFtExpr" on the class helper.

Final 99999999
Code:
~ We start off with access to feat1, feat2, and feat3
hero.child[cHelpRgr].field[cBonFtExpr].text = "!Helper.Helper & (HasAbility.Feat1 | HasAbility.Feat2 | HasAbility.Feat3"

~ At level 6 we gain access to feat4 and feat 5
if (field[xTotalLev].value >= 6) then
  hero.child[cHelpRgr].field[cBonFtExpr].text &= "HasAbility.Feat4 | HasAbility.Feat5"
  endif

~ Close the parenthesis
hero.child[cHelpRgr].field[cBonFtExpr].text &= ")"
Obviously, replace Feat1 etc with the unique ID of the feats you want to allow at that point.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 12,766

Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:24 AM
Aaron, those tags are in a place users can get to them. On the feats tab, one of the options is "Bonus Feat For..." - for each of the feats you want to add as a bonus feat, create a replacement of that feat, and create a new "Bonus For..." option that all of them share. Then, assign the new BonusFor tag you've created, instead of BonusFor.RgrArch6.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL (USA)
Posts: 10,725

Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Aaron, those tags are in a place users can get to them. On the feats tab, one of the options is "Bonus Feat For..." - for each of the feats you want to add as a bonus feat, create a replacement of that feat, and create a new "Bonus For..." option that all of them share. Then, assign the new BonusFor tag you've created, instead of BonusFor.RgrArch6.
Correct. This is exactly what I did when I made this exact same Combat Style in my house rules data set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Code:
~ We start off with access to feat1, feat2, and feat3
hero.child[cHelpRgr].field[cBonFtExpr].text = "!Helper.Helper & (HasAbility.Feat1 | HasAbility.Feat2 | HasAbility.Feat3"
So just to double check cause I am not near HL. Do feats also get the the HasAbility tag? Maybe they do I just don't remember them having it....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 12,766

Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So just to double check cause I am not near HL. Do feats also get the the HasAbility tag? Maybe they do I just don't remember them having it....
Everything that has the abDC field has the HasAbility tag.

To find out for a specific thing, check its tags in the debug option, and look for "component.Ability"
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL (USA)
Posts: 10,725

Old October 2nd, 2013, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Everything that has the abDC field has the HasAbility tag.

To find out for a specific thing, check its tags in the debug option, and look for "component.Ability"
Ok cool it does come from the Ability Component. Sweet!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,792

Old October 2nd, 2013, 01:26 PM
Hmm, I thought BonusFor wasn't a tag group which was Dynamic, my bad. I should probably stop opening my big mouth, since I seem to be putting my foot in it more often than not lately.

However, I think my method might still work, and with the benefit of not having to copy and replace a bunch of feats, which should be kept to a minimum (since a thing can't be replaced by more than one thing).
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL (USA)
Posts: 10,725

Old October 2nd, 2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
However, I think my method might still work, and with the benefit of not having to copy and replace a bunch of feats, which should be kept to a minimum (since a thing can't be replaced by more than one thing).
I agree I do like what you have above. For mine I had all new feats so I didn't need to do the Replace Thing ID. I do all sorts of scripting to try and keep the Replace Thing ID to a bare minimum in my houserules data set.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowRose
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4

Old September 2nd, 2014, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Unfortunately, those tags are made by us, and users don't have access to those mechanisms. You can still do this though, you just have to overwrite the correct field after it is set by those tags and whatnot. The field is "cBonFtExpr" on the class helper.

Final 99999999
Code:
~ We start off with access to feat1, feat2, and feat3
hero.child[cHelpRgr].field[cBonFtExpr].text = "!Helper.Helper & (HasAbility.Feat1 | HasAbility.Feat2 | HasAbility.Feat3"

~ At level 6 we gain access to feat4 and feat 5
if (field[xTotalLev].value >= 6) then
  hero.child[cHelpRgr].field[cBonFtExpr].text &= "HasAbility.Feat4 | HasAbility.Feat5"
  endif

~ Close the parenthesis
hero.child[cHelpRgr].field[cBonFtExpr].text &= ")"
Obviously, replace Feat1 etc with the unique ID of the feats you want to allow at that point.
I like this option for a fix, but where do I find the field to replace with this? I'm still very new at this and I'm somewhat lost in the editor.
ShadowRose is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.