Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old January 22nd, 2016, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Technically, that's a core issue, but I'll see if I can work with Shadow to have that done for the next release of either the community set or the core package.
After I complete the work for the Incarnate and Soulborn classes, I will update the SRD Psionic power descriptions which will be included in the next core d20 release.
Sendric is offline   #421 Reply With Quote
Katalia

Old January 22nd, 2016, 03:00 PM
Quote:
No problem. By the way, I've started this process. It won't take me months like the Totemist did. Also, since many of the soulmelds for the Incarnate also work for the Soulborn, I'm going to add both classes. Should hopefully have both done in a week or two.
Yay!! Thank you so much, Sendric! I'm almost done building out my character, and our campaign starts next month, so this will make things a lot easier. I appreciate the effort you are putting into it!!
Katalia is offline   #422 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 27th, 2016, 06:34 AM
FYI,

After I finish the work on the Incarnate and Soulborn classes, I plan on putting out a new release for the community set. (Katalia, if your game starts before that happens, let me know and I can send you a pre-release).

After that release, my ability to continue working on this project may become limited. I'll do what I can, but I can't make any promises on how much gets done or how quickly.
Sendric is offline   #423 Reply With Quote
Katalia

Old January 29th, 2016, 05:52 AM
Quote:
FYI,

After I finish the work on the Incarnate and Soulborn classes, I plan on putting out a new release for the community set. (Katalia, if your game starts before that happens, let me know and I can send you a pre-release).

After that release, my ability to continue working on this project may become limited. I'll do what I can, but I can't make any promises on how much gets done or how quickly.
Thank you! We are thinking about the second week of Feb at this point, but I will definitely let you know if that changes. I can't tell you how much I appreciate this, Sendric.
Katalia is offline   #424 Reply With Quote
Avarice

Old February 6th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Thanks so much Sendric and the rest of the community for releasing these additional files -I used them to great effect running my characters and NPCs, as a player and DM both. The Eberron releases had come just in time for my twin campaigns in Eberron and Sharn in particular.

I understand that your time is becoming limited, but if I may suggest some additions shamelessly for two character concepts I have been dying to transport to Hero Lab from Paper Lab:

Level Adjustment Buyback. Unearthed Arcana
Unseelie Fey (template). Dragon Magazine 304
Arctic (template). Dragon Magazine 306
Wild Reaper (Druid Variant Class). Dragon Magazone 311 pg 55
Incarnate Construct (template). Savage Species

The first four were for a NE Uldra Druid that I ran to great effect in a campaign we ran in Kuwait passing the time on a deployment and would like to keep archived electronically for future use, and the last is for that character's antithesis: another template stacking build whereas the -2 from Incarnate Construct would be applied to the eligible Warforged race and be balanced to neutral ECL by the +2 of a Saint template as a NG or CG Favored Soul of the Sovereign Host -which I was so pleased to see three out of four (Warforged, Saint, Favored Soul) already exist in the community pack.

Not a demand or anything ^_^ (if I really want it, I may as well trudge into the nightmare of the creator and plug it in myself...), and thanks for keeping the 3.5 flame alive so long through PF/4E/5E -it's good to go back to the version I grew up in (and thus am shamelessly biased towards).

P.S. Has anyone thought about transplanting the Gestalt Mod from PFs Hero Lab community into the 3.5E? Heck, it's only flaw is only 20 levels of support.
Avarice is offline   #425 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 8th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
P.S. Has anyone thought about transplanting the Gestalt Mod from PFs Hero Lab community into the 3.5E? Heck, it's only flaw is only 20 levels of support.
As the person who wrote that mod and now maintains the d20 stuff I can tell you it won't come over easily at all.

As Gestalt is part of the SRD content I do want to get to the point of adding that feature into the CORE of d20. Its still a little down the road though because I need to still get some of the "base" features of d20 in like Deities for example.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #426 Reply With Quote
Avarice

Old February 8th, 2016, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
As the person who wrote that mod and now maintains the d20 stuff I can tell you it won't come over easily at all.
No worries; I'm just grateful for the wonderful content you provided -the only thing I would ever House-Rule over from 3.5 is Gestalt seeing as how PF has spread its wings and kept on trucking on the goodness of D20.

Following the APs it while soloing RotRL can take you to 20, with PFs progression system, getting past 25 becomes an astronomical ordeal... I simulated soloing the first 15 APs on medium advancement based on expected party level at the end of each AP and was still on level 25 (I think it took 11-12 to get to even get to Level 25, and that bump came from the other big AP: WotR)! PF was simply not meant to be played past 20th level because of the doubling level increments at 21 and above so unlimited gestalt I suppose is just further scratching out pipe dreams.

Thanks again Sendric and ShadowChemosh for enabling this munchkin's researching fun builds for feasibility across d20 and PF. Still... 25 levels of gestalt would still enable Base 20, Base 20, Prestige 10 levels scrambled together for an end-all, be-all character.
Avarice is offline   #427 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 9th, 2016, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Level Adjustment Buyback. Unearthed Arcana
I vaguely recall someone mentioning this previously. If me memory serves (which is debatable), I think I looked into it and found that users can already pretty much do this with the Level Adjustment adjustment currently in the d20 set, and then manually paying the cost through the journal. If you don't see this adjustment, turn on "Toby's Custom Stuff" in your hero configure window. If you still don't see it, then it will be included in the upcoming release.

Quote:
Unseelie Fey (template). Dragon Magazine 304
Arctic (template). Dragon Magazine 306
Wild Reaper (Druid Variant Class). Dragon Magazone 311 pg 55
Incarnate Construct (template). Savage Species
I will add these to the list of requests. If any of them are particularly easy, I'll try to throw them in before the next release.
Sendric is offline   #428 Reply With Quote
Avarice

Old February 9th, 2016, 11:42 PM
Oh, thx for the sweet gestalt add-on for the PF side -it's enabled me and a friend to run two-character campaigns in the APs. Most powerful side-rule I have ever encountered in tabletop RPGs. Done right, a Gestalt character can solo APs, and that's how I've been experimenting, and have found out that its IMPOSSIBLE to get to L26 using APs and Modules from Paizo. The doubling runs away.

Yeah, I still can't configure it even with Toby's stuff plugged in. At the time, me and my DM just resolved to pay off the 3K XP on my printed character sheet:

3 Class Levels necessary for a +1 ECL Uldra = 4th Level Minimum.
Price is paid as soon as PC hits eligibility. I basically threw my next 3K XP into this.
Buyback cost is (Current ECL -1) x 1000XP. (4-1)x1000=3000XP

It gets even more convoluted if one had a higher ECL, the most ECL one can still buyback to +0 ECL within 20 level progression is +3 ECL, reduced at Levels 9, 15, and 18. But +1, you can only be perpetually 3K XP behind the group as opposed to dealing with the incremental increased per level.
Avarice is offline   #429 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old February 10th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Its still a little down the road though because I need to still get some of the "base" features of d20 in like Deities for example.
Yes please
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12164

DLG

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #430 Reply With Quote