Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 9th, 2009, 04:09 PM
One other thing I noticed while implementing the fix (for "Strange error with my files") and testing the file, and this is actually the case in many of my older files, the class specials window for the Noble has dissappeared! I don't know when it happened, certainly a while ago, but I just noticed the lack. Maybe this is a result of changing the formats of the tab over several updates?

A seperate, but perhaps related issue has to do with the custom ability button. It is currently set correctly at allowing 1 custom ability for my class, and that adds correctly. However, when a second custom ability is added both entries and the button disappear! In order to retrieve them all levels of noble must be deleted and then re-added. Just to see what would happen, I changed the number of Custom abilities allowed to 5. Upon adding the 6th, there was no disappearance, however at number 8 added again all of them dissappeared.

Just thought I'd make you aware.
Lawful_g is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old September 6th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Hmm. I just tried creating a new class to test this error out, and got it again. It can't be as simple as just having custom abilities, because another class I have made (Wu Jen) has class specials and Custom ability selection showing just fine....

This and the pushing spells off the bottom problem should be fixed with the update that adds the option for the "I" button on the tab. I think I'm just gonna let these classes lie until that update and fix them then. Do you think it will be in the next update for d20, or farther than that?
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 6th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Farther, I'm afraid - adding that means some re-working to the way the class panel for custom classes is constructed, so it's not a simple thing.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old September 6th, 2009, 05:27 PM
K good to know
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 6th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Oh, and I'm sorry for not dealing with this problem earlier - could you send me your problem classes and I'll look into the window troubles?
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old September 6th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Sent.
Lawful_g is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 10th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I've tracked down the problem with the disappearing class specials. All the class specials you had created for that class had the SpecSource tag "Noble", but they should have had "cHelpNbl" - which is the ID of your noble class. I'm guessing that at some point, you had a different unique ID for your class, and you set all the class specials as children of that class. Or, you created a new "Noble" tag at some point, and the class specials all ended up selecting the wrong version (in the Source selector in the editor, the second copy of "Noble" was the correct one).

Because no class specials were listed as coming from that class, the class panel decided there was no reason to show an empty list of class specials.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old September 15th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Ah, thanks for that, I see them now
Lawful_g is offline   #8 Reply With Quote