Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

BlackCavalier

Old March 3rd, 2006, 03:32 PM
Hi,
Are units supposed to be able to have Champions, Musicians & Standards in the Warband rules? I was working with an Imperial Warband & was almost positive those troop upgrades were available in the list. But now, both Small & Large Warbands can't have them, but Border Patrols & Normal games can. I noticed the loss of the upgrades a few weeks ago, so they may have been lost in the update file posted on Feb 3.

Also, I noticed the Hochland Rifle isn't available. IIRC, it can be purchased by a Marksman (Archer Champion)

Finally, is there a plan to implement the rules for Warhammer in a Flash? While it is similar to Warhammer Warbands, it isn't exactly the same.

Thanks
BlackCavalier is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old March 3rd, 2006, 03:52 PM
warbands should be able to get command grps if they have enough models (you will need to increase the model counts by hand to 3 or 5 or 10 to see them)

where are the rules for the long rifle, it is not in the codex???

and where can i find warhammer in a flash?? :~)
robert is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
GMTemplar

Old March 4th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Why would archer champion be able to buy Hochland long rifle? It's only available to marksman of handgunners and the master engineer in the main list. The rules for the rifle are already in the files.

I don't play Warbands but that just sounded weird to me.
GMTemplar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
BlackCavalier

Old March 4th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Hi again, yes you're right about the Hochland Rifle. I don't know why I thought an archer champion would get one. The rifle is in the Empire data files in the right place.

For the Warband rules, you have to increase the number of figures in a unit to the minimum unit size for the normal rules (10 figs for an infantry unit). Even though I don't think it says explicitly in the Warband rules, I always assumed you could have the leader upgrades with the new minimum unit sizes for Warbands.

Warhammer in a Flash was published in White Dwarf 228, it's not on the GW website.

Thanks
BlackCavalier is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
JoeCamerieri

Old March 4th, 2006, 10:21 AM
The warbands rules were spread out across three issues of WD. GW has collected all the articles and put them into a PDF on their site you can find them here...

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/w...os/default.htm

The first download has the basic rules. The second download has clarifications to armies that allow them to function better in warbands and clarifications to warbands. This was where they changed the command models to only be allowed if you reach normal minimum unit size for the unit. I think they did this so as to prevent people from running around with a bunch of little three man command squads of tough as nails units like khorne chaos warriors and such.
JoeCamerieri is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
BlackCavalier

Old March 5th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Ah, thanks, I missed that part of the Warband articles.
BlackCavalier is offline   #6 Reply With Quote