Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Fiordhraoi

Old March 19th, 2018, 05:08 PM
Hey all,

I'm having trouble searching for this as every search I come up with seems to be endless discussions of custom spell output for the character sheet.

If I wanted to add a spell to a class spell list in the editor (after creating a copy of the class, of course), where would I go to do that? I can't find it for the life of me. So for example, I wanted to put Cure Light Wounds on the Wizard/Sorcerer spell list (not what I want to do, just an example).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Fiordhraoi is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 19th, 2018, 05:15 PM
The sClass.? tag is on the spell itself NOT the class. The spells say I belong to X class via a tag called Spell Class (sClass.?).

In example if you wanted to add Cure Light Wounds to the Wizard/Sorcerer you would start by adding CLW to a cleric. Right click on the ? to get the unique id. If this does not work go to Develop->Enable Data File Debugging.

Next in the editor go to the *Extend Thing tab and click new (blank). Then enter the CLW spell ID for the "Thing Unique ID". The the "Group ID" is "sClass" and the "Tag ID" is the class tag (ie cHelpWiz) for wizard and cHelpSorc (for sorcerer).

Save and use CTRL-R to restart HL. Nothing here requires you to copy and make a new version of a base class. Actually that would be harder to do and make lots of future issues.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Fiordhraoi

Old March 19th, 2018, 05:33 PM
Ah ha! Perfect, thank you very much.
Fiordhraoi is offline   #3 Reply With Quote