Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Azhrei

Old December 18th, 2017, 07:25 AM
Well, we’ll have to see how it’s implemented (the VTT referencing a character). Obviously, the first reference needs to include a full download, but how will updates be distributed? Does the VTT need to poll a URL for changes? Or will the server use the new HTTP/2 push abilities? Or maybe the VTT is expected to leave an open connection active and sitting in a read() state? Some of those options may be easier or harder for the VTTs to implement.

And what to do about offline games? Can I set up a personal mini web server where players can keep their characters updated? If so, I could turn my laptop into an access point and players could just change the URL they connect to, and all of this would still work when an Internet connection isn’t available. (Heck, I could see preinstalling the software on a Raspberry Pi and just carrying it around in my gaming bag for on-the-fly use, if needed!)
Azhrei is offline   #11 Reply With Quote