Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ehrim

Old March 13th, 2013, 05:51 PM
We occasionally play an older campaign consisting of Epic Level 3.5 PCs. I have always read that the Epic Level Handbook isn't covered under the open license. Has there been any user generated data files I have missed? Or does anyone have any suggestions on PCs over level 20?

I'd hate to have to drop back to pcgen for this PC as HL is far superior.

Thanks
Ehrim is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old March 14th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Epic level is OGL but not supported in HL.

It's a shame but Pathfinder RPG will be getting Mythic rules to fill the gap, which HL will support I presume.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 14th, 2013, 04:53 AM
I think it can be done within the community files, but it won't be easy, and its not high priority right now. I may take another look at it later this year after the 1.9 release.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ehrim

Old March 14th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Thanks to you both. I wonder why it's never been supported.

I fully understand why this isn't a priority as 3/3.5 is essentially a dead system. We run all our current games in Pathfinder but have a handful of PCs that have been around for a long time that we sometimes itch to fire up again.

Thanks
Ehrim is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 14th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrim View Post
Thanks to you both. I wonder why it's never been supported.

I fully understand why this isn't a priority as 3/3.5 is essentially a dead system. We run all our current games in Pathfinder but have a handful of PCs that have been around for a long time that we sometimes itch to fire up again.

Thanks
Well, its low priority status actually has more to do with so much other stuff still missing, but yea, there are definitely less people playing 3.5 these days. Probably why LW hardly supports it anymore themselves. Maybe with the reprinting it will generate more interest.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ehrim

Old March 14th, 2013, 06:28 AM
I used RPGXplorer for a while to work with this epic PC but that kinda faded away... And PCgen is as much annoying as it is a useful tool. I guess Paizo has a reason for not releasing any kind of Epic rules set. I has missed the press release for the mythic stuff (thanks for whoever pointed that out).
Ehrim is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old March 14th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I think it can be done within the community files, but it won't be easy, and its not high priority right now. I may take another look at it later this year after the 1.9 release.
Oh I'm sure it can be done within the community files, I remember coding the Kaiju template from dragon magazine 40HD gargantuan+ creatures umpteen abilities, worked amazingly well until it crashed the program constantly.

That was similar to an epic character!

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 15th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Oh I'm sure it can be done within the community files, I remember coding the Kaiju template from dragon magazine 40HD gargantuan+ creatures umpteen abilities, worked amazingly well until it crashed the program constantly.

That was similar to an epic character!
The tricky part is figuring out how to modify attack bonus and saving throws after 20, but now that I think about it, that might not be so bad. The rest of it should be fairly straight forward I think.
Sendric is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 16th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Well, its low priority status actually has more to do with so much other stuff still missing, but yea, there are definitely less people playing 3.5 these days. Probably why LW hardly supports it anymore themselves. Maybe with the reprinting it will generate more interest.
I just wanted to sing out as a voice of the "exceptions" then.

My group recently wrapped up a 3.5 game and we're starting a new campaign later today with a new DM & some new players. Naturally, I've recommended to them that they should purchase Hero Lab. So just shush on the "not supported" talk or you'll scare them away!

Anyway, I hope LW and the Community Files continue to add & when necessary, do some clean-up of things that still aren't quite right.

Yes, we've tried Patherfinder but it's not really "caught on" with my group and 4.0 is universally hated by the group.

I hope everyone has a good game-filled weekend,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 17th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
I just wanted to sing out as a voice of the "exceptions" then.

My group recently wrapped up a 3.5 game and we're starting a new campaign later today with a new DM & some new players. Naturally, I've recommended to them that they should purchase Hero Lab. So just shush on the "not supported" talk or you'll scare them away!

Anyway, I hope LW and the Community Files continue to add & when necessary, do some clean-up of things that still aren't quite right.

Yes, we've tried Patherfinder but it's not really "caught on" with my group and 4.0 is universally hated by the group.

I hope everyone has a good game-filled weekend,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
I just keep hoping that saying they don't support will prompt Aaron to say "yes we do, here's an update!".

Anyway, I'm continuing to work on the community set. There should be an update in a few weeks. If there's anything specific you are looking for feel free to post it.

Happy gaming!
Sendric is offline   #10 Reply With Quote