Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

shadowstarr

Old February 26th, 2015, 04:08 PM
I recently seen the discussion brought back up on the shadowrun forums about if adapt ways are qualities.

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/...?topic=19863.0

this implies that ways differ from normal qualities in that they do not count against the positive quality limit at creation, nor do they cost double karma in post creation.

Is this legit and if so will it be patched into hero lab?

thank you for your time.
-SS
shadowstarr is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 27th, 2015, 07:15 AM
Forum discussions are not official rulings. If this is made an official ruling and put in a location that I can make a permanent link to, then I will apply it.

Until then, the header of the this section, on pg. 176 of SG is "New Adept Qualities: Ways", so they're qualities.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old October 10th, 2015, 06:37 AM
This has been confirmed by the developers.

Ways are NOT doubled cost post Chargen, although they do contribute to the positive Quality limit in Chargen.
Weird.
adzling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 10th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Do you have a link to this confirmation?
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old October 11th, 2015, 07:19 AM
let me try and dig it up and post here
adzling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dinendae

Old October 12th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Do you have a link to this confirmation?
It just got reposted by Gibralter: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/...?topic=22267.0

"We called Adept ways qualities to limit their spending at character creation, but Ways are a journey for character and the cost should not double after character creation. Like Initiation, it's a way for characters to progress after creation. And like Martial arts, there are smaller "steps" of improvement that are connected to ways. I'm not sure this helps with Hero Lab, but the intent is layers of progression allowable for characters to spend karma on as they continue to grow."
Dinendae is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 12th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Okay, hidden in some random thread, by a person whose sig doesn't identify them as a developer, with nothing in the thread to say "This is a rules change, not just my statement of what I intended the rules to mean".

This is why these forum rulings frustrate me. If I made this change and someone who wasn't on the forums submitted a bug report that it was now wrong, what could I defend the change with? What about that says that it's an official rules change? And where's the permanent reference that won't get destroyed by link rot.

Last edited by Mathias; October 12th, 2015 at 08:51 AM.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 12th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Based on this, what I'll do is to add an optional rule that will discount the adept ways if turned on. If there's an official Street Grimoire FAQ that makes this a rules change, I can remove the optional rule and make it always work that way.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old October 12th, 2015, 11:33 AM
hang on here's the official update in this thread this morning:

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/...?topic=22267.0

this is about as official as it gets (Giabraltar wrote that section of S.G.).
thanks
adzling is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old October 12th, 2015, 11:35 AM
I agree 100% Mathias, this is super frustrating and no way to run a business.

Catalyst has almost zero organized structure however and this about the best we can expect from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Okay, hidden in some random thread, by a person whose sig doesn't identify them as a developer, with nothing in the thread to say "This is a rules change, not just my statement of what I intended the rules to mean".

This is why these forum rulings frustrate me. If I made this change and someone who wasn't on the forums submitted a bug report that it was now wrong, what could I defend the change with? What about that says that it's an official rules change? And where's the permanent reference that won't get destroyed by link rot.
adzling is offline   #10 Reply With Quote