so when will you start on them and can we have an update
once in a while

Thanks

Athos
athos.caru is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 20th, 2011, 10:45 AM
They're working on it. I think you're going to probably see more releases like the one that changed vehicles into characters to fully flesh out the basic SR4A book, before the expansion books start. Once all the parts are in place, I expect that putting in the other books will be easy enough.
cryptoknight is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 20th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Each update has added the mechanical aspects to hero lab that will be required for adding the actual game content. Coding takes time. There is no fast way to do it sometimes. There is more to the datafiles than just data entry, there are alot of mechanical aspects that Lone Wolf Dev needs to have in place before they can start putting the book data in. Considering the 20th anniversary book is still not completely finished, I would have to agree with Crypto on the fact that they are probably going to finish the core first and then move onto other tomes. Be patient, the datafiles will get done. I believe somewhere in another thread of this nature Mathias said the next newsletter would contain information on the shadowrun files, so hang in there.

Edit I dug around the forum a couple threads down and found the one I referenced above:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=14176

Believe me, I too want these files, as do my players. Thats part of the reason I started putting the data for the Runner's Black Book in myself. I will have to wait for some elements of Arsenal to actually be in before it is complete, but the basic data will be done soon. I am nearly done with the firearms in that book.

Last edited by RavenX; November 20th, 2011 at 11:24 PM.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SunRunner

Old November 22nd, 2011, 02:53 AM
I want the other books added just as badly. That being said I dont want a buggy pile of crap software either. Considering it took Mathias less then a week to post an update that corrected both of the errors I posted and he added vehicle support as well I think hes doing pretty good. Shadowrun is very complex mechanically speaking so it takes some time to add every thing in. They are posting updates to the core SR4 book very regularly and every time they do they add new features in. Just be patient, and dont get angry until the update pace slows down. Right now the forward progress is very fast and noticeable.
SunRunner is offline   #4 Reply With Quote