Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

daudvyd

Old October 1st, 2018, 07:29 AM
Hello,
I'm new to Realm Works. I read in the instructions that it is not a good idea to delete snippets like "Race" or "Class" because it could cause incompatibilities with other content. Does this mean content from the marketplace? What is the best way to not see "Race" at all and replace it with Ethnicity1, Ethnicity2, Ethnicity 3 (pull down menus) and Hair, Skin, Eye (text fields) without risking incompatibility? How about replacing or aliasing Class/Role with Current Profession and adding Previous Profession?
Thanks,
-daud
daudvyd is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old October 1st, 2018, 09:03 AM
It is not a good idea to be changing the built in categories structures definitions because LWD might push out an update that would conflict with your changes and your changes might prevent you from accessing content on the CM.

The better way to do what you want is to make a copy of the category you want to modify and change the structure of the copy.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Cammagno

Old October 1st, 2018, 09:06 AM
The recomanded solution is to add new snippet types, and hide the original ones.
Cammagno is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daudvyd

Old October 1st, 2018, 10:39 PM
That makes sense. I didn't see "hide snippet" in the list of options. How do I do that? Also where is the structure stored? Is it an XML file somewhere? Have people posted their own structure examples?
daudvyd is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 1st, 2018, 11:45 PM
On the ribbon, select the Manage tab, and then select Categories.
Here are all the topic and article categories, and their snippets.
You can copy category definitions and modify the snippets available within those categories.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote