Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Kimco

Old June 8th, 2018, 02:07 PM
I successfully created a spreadsheet with drop downs for the default choices. I'm able to make my selections, than save as a .csv file and do the rest of the import.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5e3igHZgYwwffHep9

I can't figure out the Background date fields though.
In your tool, which fields are you mapped to, the dates or the annotation fields?
My screenshot doesn't show it mapped, but I have mapped it, with what I thought was the correct format for a date and it didn't show up in either.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Jjdcgz5NSyRNsqPQ6

Last edited by Kimco; June 8th, 2018 at 02:10 PM. Reason: IMG not working
Kimco is offline   #261 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 8th, 2018, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimco View Post
I can't figure out the Background date fields though.
In your tool, which fields are you mapped to, the dates or the annotation fields?
Hi,

Dates don't import properly yet, so the only option is to copy the data field into the "annotation" part of the snippet.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #262 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 9th, 2018, 03:27 AM
Version 1.26 has just been released.

This version replaces the "Import Name" text box with a button "File Details" which opens up a separate dialog box.

In this new window you can set the "import name" as well as lots of other meta-data for the import file.

(Whilst there is initial support in this version for date fields, the import crashed RW in my tests so don't try using it.)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #263 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old June 9th, 2018, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the update and supporting the tool! The best thing around.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #264 Reply With Quote
Vanye111

Old June 11th, 2018, 01:15 PM
Awesome tool. One question, more related to the RW side of things - when exporting the structure, it just exports the categories, correct, and lets you create things in the categories, but not in groupings under that?

For example, if in my World Almanac/People section I have a list of individual dragons, and I wanted to import more, would I be able to import it into Cast List\Dragon? Or does it just go to People?

Hopefully the image Illustrating my question attaches. lol. Guess not. Here's a link... https://www.dropbox.com/s/slsk4t4hfr...agons.PNG?dl=0

Last edited by Vanye111; June 11th, 2018 at 01:17 PM. Reason: adding image link
Vanye111 is offline   #265 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 11th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanye111 View Post
Awesome tool. One question, more related to the RW side of things - when exporting the structure, it just exports the categories, correct, and lets you create things in the categories, but not in groupings under that?

For example, if in my World Almanac/People section I have a list of individual dragons, and I wanted to import more, would I be able to import it into Cast List\Dragon? Or does it just go to People?[/url]
Unfortunately, due to the limitations of the format of the RWEXPORT file, if you define a parent for the topics with the CSV import tool then the parent topic is created on import, even if a topic already exists with the same name - so you have two topics with the same name in the realm.

I am considering whether it is feasible to read in an entire realm export file instead of only a structure export file; which would allow existing topics to be chosen as parents. (The tool needs to get RW's internal identifier for the topic, so that it can use that specific topic as a parent.)

Farling

Farling is offline   #266 Reply With Quote
Vanye111

Old June 11th, 2018, 01:39 PM
I suspected that it was currently do to a RW limitation. I appreciate the swift reply!
Vanye111 is offline   #267 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old June 15th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Hey Farling, how ya goin'? I am trying to import a csv created with excel, and I keep running into the same issue. I think I followed all the steps correctly, but the resulting rwexport file crashes RW when I go to import it. It minimizes RW, gets about 35% done really fast and then crashes with the message "There is an unclosed literal string. Line 1720. position 85."

any idea what went wrong?
ErinRigh is offline   #268 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 16th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
Hey Farling, how ya goin'? I am trying to import a csv created with excel, and I keep running into the same issue. I think I followed all the steps correctly, but the resulting rwexport file crashes RW when I go to import it. It minimizes RW, gets about 35% done really fast and then crashes with the message "There is an unclosed literal string. Line 1720. position 85."

any idea what went wrong?
At a guess, can you check the file created by the tool in something like notepad++ to see what is at line 1720. It might be an error in the decoding or perhaps a " appears in a string in your data that hasn't been marked properly.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; June 16th, 2018 at 10:18 AM.
Farling is offline   #269 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old June 16th, 2018, 11:18 PM
Hey mate, I checked the rwexport file and it appears that the tool quit compiling the file at line 1720, IDK why it would do that, but the tool CTD when I try to use it. I press Generate and the dialog box that shows percent complete pops up, shows 0%, and crashes the tool, apparently after making the first 1720 lines of the rwexport. I didn't realize it was crashing, I thought it just shut down after use
ErinRigh is offline   #270 Reply With Quote