Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DarkGenisis

Old August 16th, 2014, 01:43 AM
"This power allows you to add Damage feats, extras and drawbacks to your strength bonus."

When I go to 'Add New Extras or Flaws' there is not a single drawback to choose from.

There's quite a few times I've wanted to add flaws to a strength effect, one example being adding unreliable(5 uses) or tiring to a strength flurry(multi-attack) for a relatively low power martial/talent hero.

I've tried opening up the editor to see why the flaws have been blacklisted but I can't find anything that immediately points to it. If this could be fixed, or if anyone can tell me how to add the flaws back to this power via the editor I'd greatly appreciate it.
DarkGenisis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 16th, 2014, 06:19 AM
This dates back to 2E, I think. Here is a discussion between me and Colen about Flawed Toughness, which is a similar situation. Part of the problem is that, using RAW, the Flaw always applies to your Strength or Toughness, and your intent is probably to have the Extra flawed (you know, so that you don't stop being able to punch someone after doing so five times). There was some discussion back on the ATT boards about actually Flawing an Extra, but it would be complicated to set up in Hero Lab. If you want it to apply to your power in general, you generally have to manually adjust it if you want the Extra itself to be Flawed (So, if you have Impervious 10 on your Toughness, and you want it to chip away, but only the Impervious, add 5 ranks of Ablative to model 10 ranks on the Impervious itself for a total of 5 pp for the power). If you want the base attribute to be affected by the Flaw, you'd just add it.

If you do want to remove it, it looks like the restriction is in a Tag called "ForbidFlaws". You can make a copy of the Strength Effect power, remove the tag, give it a new Unique Id, then put the old Id (pwStrBonus) and put it under the "Replaced Thing Id" so as to replace the prior one.

Interestingly enough, since this is a Trait effect, it means you can go into negative points. Again, that's partly because the Flaw, applied as a base effect, affects the trait itself, not the use of the extra.

Incidentally, for Strength Effects, once you disable that tag, your best bet is to do the "Flawed Extra" usages as AEs so that the Flaw is limited to usage when applying the Extras.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote