Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kizan

Old October 18th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Liz,

This is a bit off topic but will there be a landscape mode? I don't lay the iPad flat because of glare from the lights above. I have an Otterbox case the cover is a stand. In portrait mode in the stand is very tall. A landscape character sheet would be awesome.

Thanks,

Kizan

Me: How bad could it be?
Him: What's the worst that could happen?
Kizan is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 28th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizan View Post
Liz,

This is a bit off topic but will there be a landscape mode? I don't lay the iPad flat because of glare from the lights above. I have an Otterbox case the cover is a stand. In portrait mode in the stand is very tall. A landscape character sheet would be awesome.

Thanks,

Kizan
Landscape mode is something that's on our to-do list, but we don't have a specific timescale I can give you, I'm afraid. It would definitely be cool to support.
Colen is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 28th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyxrt View Post
Liz,

You mention that Dropbox will be implemented in the paid app. Will other storage solutions be supported as well, such as SkyDrive or Google Drive?
We're hoping to support other solutions in future, but Dropbox is the primary one for now. The Dropbox API was significantly simpler to work with than what I found for Skydrive and Google Drive, which made a big difference in how fast I was able to get it working - hopefully the other APIs will be simplified in future so we can do the same for them.
Colen is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Evilkele

Old October 30th, 2013, 12:16 AM
I have a couple of questions regarding the paid-for app:

1. Will I be able to use it with the current HL desktop licence or do I have to get a new licence for the app as well?

2. Do you have an actual release date for the the new app yet?
Evilkele is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old October 30th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilkele View Post

1. Will I be able to use it with the current HL desktop licence or do I have to get a new licence for the app as well?

If I remember correctly..
1. Yes you will be able to use the current licensing. (the part I am not completely sure of but I am pretty sure I am correct based on an old man's poor memory from past threads hehe)
2. This one I am sure of.. there is NO release date as of yet and I know they (LW) will probably tell you to look forward to the monthly newsletter they release at or near the end of each month.
Nikmal is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 30th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:

With the paid-for app, you will need to dedicate one of your license codes to the app. This means that you can use your free secondary license that comes with your Hero Lab purchase or you may need to purchase an additional secondary license. You will not need to purchase another full copy of Hero Lab.

Quote:
No release date yet. When we have one, I will announce it here, on social media and in the newsletter.
liz is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old October 30th, 2013, 11:58 AM
I have all of the extra licenses I could get (4) for HL. I have work/home workstations, laptop and gameroom machine. Will I be able to purchase a 5th license for my iPad?

Thanks,

Kizan

Kizan is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 30th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizan View Post
I have all of the extra licenses I could get (4) for HL. I have work/home workstations, laptop and gameroom machine. Will I be able to purchase a 5th license for my iPad?

Thanks,

Kizan
As mentioned in one of the newsletters: http://www.wolflair.com/index.php?co...mber_2012#ipad once the full iPad app is available, the option to purchase a 5th license will be added.
Mathias is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old October 30th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Great! Thanks!

Kizan is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Evilkele

Old October 30th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Thank you liz for the answers

I have two more questions:

1. Will you still support the free HL character sheet app and will it have dropbox support?
Evilkele is offline   #20 Reply With Quote