Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

BobFromMarketing

Old September 20th, 2005, 11:59 PM
Errors I found dealing with the Darkangels and subarmies

First things first:
Terminator Honors are REQUIRED for stubborn. (AB lets you buy stubborn without TH)
Azreal is allowed to have a terminator command squad. (exception to the termie armor rule) (AB does NOt let you add one)
Dark angels are not allowed allies (remove the option for deathwatch)

Could not add infiltrate, tank hunters, or Furious Charge ability to any Space marine command squad. (greyed out even with terminator honors)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Deathwing:
Only allowed to use characters (in terminator armor), Terminators/assault terminators, dreadnoughts, and landraiders.

Terminators/assault terminators may take up elite, TROOP, heavy support, and fast attack positions. (2 troops are required or an error comes up!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravenwing:
MUST INCLUDE a master of the ravenwing
Only allowed to use landspeeder varients, bikes, attack bikes, ravenwing bikes, ravenwing attack bikes, and ravenwing land speeders.

Bikes = troops
Attack bikes = heavy
Land Speeders = fast attack

-------------

Will post more as I find them.
BobFromMarketing is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
HakujinGrande
Volunteer Data File Author

Old September 21st, 2005, 05:27 PM
I assume these are AB 2.2c?

Space Marine Maintainer for AB3
Battlefleet Gothic Maintainer for AB3
40K: Space Wolves, 13th Company, Grey Knights, Deathwatch
BFG: Space Marine Fleet, Armageddon Fleet, Tau Fleet
HakujinGrande is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
BobFromMarketing

Old September 22nd, 2005, 11:22 AM
no 3.0
BobFromMarketing is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
HakujinGrande

Old September 23rd, 2005, 04:10 PM
Which version of the datafile do you have, because several of these should not be showing up in the latest version. To check your version, in the Help menu of AB3, select the "Warhammer 40 000 FAQ..." option. This should open a web page, go to the Space Marine section and there will be some version information. If it does not list version 1.09, then you do not have the latest version.

Updates can be downloaded from the maintainers site at:
http://ab40k3.homelinux.net/

The site also has bug trackers where you can log in bugs.
In the future, please be more specific as to what the problem is,. If the bug is complex, please include detailed instructions on how to recreate the problem.

Let me address these one by one:
Which models have Stubborn but not TH? All characters should have both automatically.

The Azreal and Termi Command Squad is a bug, but it looks like it may take a while to sort out the mess of the rules he brings with him (like all models being Stubborn).

Deathwatch should no be available since I updated to the new Deathwatch rules in a White Dwarf not too long ago. Yes, you can select the Deathwatch under the Imperial Allies section of the rules, but the Deathwatch Kill Team and squad upgrades should not be available.

The skills for the command squad are selected on the character they are attached to, so look under the Skills tab of the parent character. This was necessary due to certain technical limitations in the datafiles.

Deathwing:
Which units are showing up that are not supposed to?
Did you actually try to add a Termiator squad to the roster?
When you select a Terminator squad, there are options to count them as Elites, Troops, Fast or Heavy. As a matter of fact, when you add them to the roster, it forces you to select one of these options.

Ravenwing:
Okay, the only problem I see is that the standard Attack Bike Squad is showing up when it shouldn't, and the Master of Ravenwing isn't being forced.

With the exception of the Azrael bug, I fixed all the other problems I saw while going through this list, and those changes will be included in my next release (most likely some time this weekend, but don't hold me to that).

HakujinGrande is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
BobFromMarketing

Old September 23rd, 2005, 08:49 PM
OK! I found the problem I was having. When I was updating my datafiles I was unchecking the "delete all files not updated" (Because I was having an problem with that option with 2.0). I updated again but this time checked off that part and everything is better pertaining to the DW and RW.

1. Its not characters, but sargents. I am allowed to purchase stubborn for 5 points, without paying for TH.

2.Thats what I thought, understandable. As for the stubborn thing, I would just leave it alone. Some people might want to pay for stubborn even with azreal just in case he dies.

3.Thank you for clearing that one up.

4. Ok, I found what you were talking about, and yes that works. I guess the problem is not with the regular ICs but special characters (like azreal) If you add a command squad to them you cannot select "skills" options.

5. (fixed with proper update) Only thing that is there that shouldn't be is Sargent Naaman

6. Ya Standard bikes and landspeeders are missing from the RW, that and the master thing. Sargent naaman shouldn't be avaliable.

Was having a problem where after creating a DW list and switching to RW, I was able to select everything avaliable to DA. This is most likely an AB bug though, not your problem.
BobFromMarketing is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
BobFromMarketing

Old September 23rd, 2005, 11:20 PM
Umm found something else:

Buy a "master/grand master of the ravenwing on bike" Give him a raven sword. You will notice the cost of the raven sword is only supposed to be 30 points, but it ups the cost of the unit by 60 points.

Also the ravenwing discription talks about Gabriel. Who the heck is Gabriel?
BobFromMarketing is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
HakujinGrande

Old September 24th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Again, are you sure you have the 1.09 version? The Raven Sword bug was fixed a while ago. If you just applied the 1.9 WH40K general update, that's does not include the latest version of the Space Marines. The 1.9 general release was mistakenly released without my latest patch. Go the patches section of the download section of the Maintainers site and install the Space Marine 1.09 update.

Standard bikes and speeders are not available to Ravenwing armies, according to the last sentence of "Battle Company Squadrons" on p9 of Codex: Dark Angels.

The switching between rulesets is indeed a AB problem, the best thing to do is start a new roster, or use the Reset button when changing rules.

HakujinGrande is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
BobFromMarketing

Old September 24th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Ok I have done EXACTLY as you told me. I have gone to the website, downloaded "smupdate109.ab"

I imported the file, unchecking "delete all files not replaced" because your webpage told me to.

I restart army builder, click warhammer 40,000 "ab40k4".

I click master of the ravenwing on bike

I add the ravensword, same problem.

Are you sure you didn't just fix the SoS and not the ravensword? Quote from your website:

"Fixes: BA Honour Guard, DA Sword of Secrets New Features: BA Death Company Army List"
BobFromMarketing is offline   #8 Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Ive got a bug to add to this list.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/forums/warhammer40000/

Please refer to the forum post as follows. This is a rule clarification not an FAQ but its just to clear up how people are taking the whole character in terminator honor rule. If you buy the terminator armor for 10 points then you do NOT need to buy terminator honors. Yes this is cheesy and wont be fixed till the next release of DA in 2007. Please update this issue as im tired of reducing point costs in my list.

6. All Dark Angel characters MUST purchase terminator honours and stubborn ability. However, if the character buys a terminator suit (which has terminator honours included in it) they only need to purchase the stubborn quality in addition to the terminator armour.

YES
  #9 Reply With Quote
HakujinGrande

Old October 14th, 2005, 03:39 PM
The characters for the Dark Angels are now selected out of Codex: Space Marines, so they pay 25 point cost for Terminator Armor listed there instead of the 10 points from the old Codex: Dark Angels. The way this is implemented in the datafile is adding the 10 points for Terminator Armor on top of the 15 point Terminator Honors, thus adding up to the correct 25 point cost. The datafile is staying the way it is unless there is evidence to support the cause that Dark Angels should somehow get a 15 point discount on Termiator Honors/Armor over every other marine chapter. If you want to debate this further, take it to the Space Marine forum on the maintainers site:

http://ab40k3.homelinux.net/modules....=viewforum&f=9

Any new bug reports should have be given it's own thread instead of being added to this other post.

HakujinGrande is offline   #10 Reply With Quote