Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Card Vault Forums > Card Vault
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

krazah

Old October 27th, 2006, 10:34 AM
I just started using card vault and have not had the chance to become familur enough with it to make a data file if someone is willing to here is the listing of ever card and all the relevent information for the new world of Warcraft TCG made by upperdeck

http://www.wowtcgdb.com/type-all.aspx
krazah is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jentzd

Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:05 PM
If card valt supported WOW TCG I would instantly buy a license, and I am sure my other friends in the gaming group would too. I am an experienced programmer, perhaps I can help with constructing a database file?

-Dave
jentzd is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
torgeir42

Old November 8th, 2006, 11:48 PM
I looked into the author kit to make the database myself and its too diffucult for me as a non programmer with a short attention span. But you should look at the author kit and see what you can do. I really really would love for a wow db to be done for CV
torgeir42 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EnsOb1

Old January 4th, 2007, 08:17 AM
i would almost consider renewing my license for this.....
EnsOb1 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
thebutcher
Volunteer Data File Author

Old May 9th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Is there no author for the WOW CCG?
Hmmmmm....

The Butcher

Warmachine/Hordes ('Retired' Confrontation and AT-43) Army Builder Author.
Magic the Gathering Card Vault Author.
thebutcher is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
thebutcher

Old May 25th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Well, I've got a start at a WOW file. Took a bit of work getting the WOWTCGdb website's data into a simple text file that I wrote up a little program to make into a CV .dat file for HoA and TDP and OL...
Still working on it. Right now, it's just a database, no rules yet, just card data...and not everything. I couldn't find anything with the flavor text and artist info in a format I could easily use. That will take doing "by hand". And, there's the whole thing about rules :wink:
Just wanted to let you all know...it's coming! ( slowly... )

Butcher

thebutcher is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 25th, 2007, 06:07 PM
At 06:29 AM 5/25/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Well, I've got a start at a WOW file. Took a bit of work getting the WOWTCGdb website's data into a simple text file that I wrote up a little program to make into a CV .dat file for HoA and TDP and OL...
Still working on it. Right now, it's just a database, no rules yet, just card data...and not everything. I couldn't find anything with the flavor text and artist info in a format I could easily use. That will take doing "by hand". And, there's the whole thing about rules [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Just wanted to let you all know...it's coming! ( slowly... )
We've been waiting for Upper Deck to provide us with the spoiler data for WoW for more than two months now. Everything was sorted out back at Games Expo in March. Now we're trying to get someone to send the data we were promised. As soon as we finally receive it, we'll let you know so that you can incorporate it into the files you're creating.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ss2art

Old June 4th, 2007, 12:27 AM
I actually have the data files for Heros of Azeroth and Through the Dark Portal implemented, including artist info and links to additional notes. I am currently working on the rules. I have data for Onyxia's Lair, but haven't implemented it.

I have the basic deck and card rules done, but I am running into difficulty now trying to write the class and talent verification rules.

Basically all Hero cards have a Class field value, and all other cards have zero, one or more reqclass field values. Basic code would be

if card has a reqclass value then
if one of reqclass value is equal to hero's class
card okay
else
card not allowed

I know how to check value (card.reqclass) but how to compare to hero's card.

Any help?

Scott Stewart
ss2art is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
thebutcher

Old June 6th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Sweet!

I made up some small bmp files for the different classes and the two factions as well if you'd like to incorporate them in your files.

As far as help, right now I'm trying to work on Rackham's AT-43 ruleset but I'll try to see if I can get my files to do the limiting based on class. I'll let you know if I come up with something!

Cheers!
Butcher

thebutcher is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ss2art

Old June 6th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutcher
Sweet!

I made up some small bmp files for the different classes and the two factions as well if you'd like to incorporate them in your files.
That would be great. My next step in the card file was to replace some of the text with images. Where can I get the image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutcher
As far as help, right now I'm trying to work on Rackham's AT-43 ruleset but I'll try to see if I can get my files to do the limiting based on class. I'll let you know if I come up with something!

Cheers!
Butcher
Let me know where to send the data file. I am looking into Globals. I have written a program to format the card data and add whatever tags may be needed. Also, if you have some pointers, let me know and I can work on it.

Scott Stewart
ss2art is offline   #10 Reply With Quote