Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mithosaurion

Old July 4th, 2016, 09:12 PM
So yeah... I got this error while I was trying to sync a realm of mine. Not sure what I did but I wouldn't be surprised if it was my fault.
Mithosaurion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 5th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Please open a support ticket. Details are helpful, such as your login name, the realm that's having a problem, whether that realm is a player realm or GM realm for you, etc.

Either email support@wolflair.com, or go to our bug report form to report the bug.

Thanks!
Joe is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 5th, 2016, 04:58 PM
I had this alot last month. Pretty sure it was my home internet connection. I had a baby monitor causing interference with the wifi.
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mithosaurion

Old July 6th, 2016, 07:15 PM
I think that may have been my problem too. It's not happening anymore at any rate. If it happens again I'll fill out that bug report form right away!
Mithosaurion is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 7th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Ugh. Intermittent network bugs are the worst.

If you see this again, be sure to check how reliable your internet connection is at that moment. Try loading some webpages in your browser (is it crawling? taking forever? failing to load)? Run a speed test and see if it is substantially different from your normal expectations.

If either of these things points to network troubles, than the best we can do is maybe try to message that a little better. If your network seems fine, we might have a more insidious bug on our hands.
Joe is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 1st, 2016, 08:00 AM
Strange. I have a very good Internet connection, but I was getting this error last night. I brought my laptop to the gym while my kids were in karate and got the error again. I was going to edit some more with out syncing but was prompted with a scary message about only doing that if I planned to never sync the realm again.

So, I closed RW and reopened it. It still said sync needed, so I tried syncing again. It stayed stuck on "finishing sync" for maybe five minute and then finished.

My point is that even if your Internet connection is now good, try closing and reopening RealmWorks before trying to sync again.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote

Last edited by MNBlockHead; October 2nd, 2016 at 05:59 PM. Reason: typo correction
MNBlockHead is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old October 2nd, 2016, 11:07 AM
I have seen this error from time to time, each time I simply did a resync all and issue was solved. My bet is, a random error in transmission.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #7 Reply With Quote