Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reangelis

Old June 5th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Hey, gang. I have been wrestling with a paragon build, PL8. Basically, he's a genetically engineered alien from a war-torn planet, with two races that have long ago run out of natural specimens. Now, they make one of three levels of being, a scientist (to insure the races continue to evolve), a warrior (for the actual combat), and an explorer class being (to search other worlds for new genetic material to use, and for more resources). My character is going to be the explorer type. Scientists are built for intellect, for gadgets that heal, that engineer life, etc. Warriors are built to destroy the enemies. Explorers are built to hold their own in combat (in case they encounter hostile elements in their travels), but mostly they are built to survive. Here are his stats, so far:

Warchylde - PL 8

Strength 8, Stamina 8, Agility 3, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Advantages
Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Improved Critical: Strong, like bull!, Languages 1

Skills
Close Combat: Judicious ass-whoopery 4 (+9), Insight 1 (+3), Perception 1 (+3)

Powers
Built to last
Immortality: Immortality 5 (Return after 1 day)
Immunity: Immunity 39 (Aging, Critical Hits, Damage Effect: Blades, Damage Effect: Impact, Damage Effect: Bullets, Damage Effect: Radiation, Fatigue Effects, Life Support, Sleep)
Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 8 (Permanent)
Regeneration: Regeneration 1 (Every 10 rounds)
Explorer's senses: Senses 3 (Darkvision, Rapid: Vision 1)
Strong, like bull!
Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 8 (+8 STR)
Power-lifting: Power-lifting 1 (+1 STR for lifting)

Offense
Initiative +3
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 18)
Throw, +0 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 23)

Complications
Motivation: Doing Good: WarChylde has seen the horrors of war for so long that he now wishes to promote good in the world.
Motivation: Protection: Warchylde fell in love with Nalani, and her people. Over the years, he developed a bond with her, and he feels a deep need to protect humanity to the best of his abilities.

Languages
English, Native Language

Defense
Dodge 3, Parry 5, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 38 + Powers 74 + Advantages 5 + Skills 3 (6 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 120

He's built to be a tank, with the backstory for development of powers in the future. I'm thinking maybe some flying, eventually.

But here are my concerns: I am afraid I've either layered things that didn't need to be done that way, or that I've inefficiently used my points. I don't want a ruined build, or massive holes in his defense. He's designed to be basically a brawler, toe to toe knuckleduster when it comes to combat. I want him to be able to get his licks in, but his true power comes from his tenacity. No matter what, he just comes back for more. Does this look like I've accomplished it? Or if not, does anyone have any suggestions hows to improve/tighten up the build? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Reangelis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old June 7th, 2014, 07:45 AM
I'm still learning the ins and outs of good M&M builds myself, and I don't have 3e, so I can't help you much.

However, you can get great build advice over at the Mutants and Masterminds forum.

http://roninarmy.com/forums/19-Roll-Call

I'm TheComet over there. It's a friendly place with lots of helpful advice!
EricaOdd is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Reangelis

Old June 7th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the link! I had thought of posting there, as well, but I figured since I'm using Hero Lab for the build, I'd try here first. I guess there's no reason I can't throw a post in the mix over there, as well, though.
Reangelis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 8th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Yeah, we're usually more inclined toward fixing technical issues.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Reangelis

Old June 8th, 2014, 11:21 PM
Fair enough. Sorry for posting in the wrong spot, lol. But thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Reangelis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote