Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ksac42

Old August 28th, 2018, 08:20 PM
I just purchased the Pathfinder Hero Lab product and many of the core rulebooks. Unfortunately I am a bit lost on some of the basics. Please be patient with my noob questions:

1) I am GMing new players, and I was expecting feats like rapid shot and deadly aim reflected in the stat blocks and not just listed under feats. Same issue for the full character sheet. Am I missing something obvious? I noted the same problem for melee feats like power attack.

2) I cannot find arrows or even a quiver under gear

3) How do I select the default point-buy attributes for the entire portfolio? Currently I'm hitting control-K and changing it for every character I make.

Thanks!
ksac42 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old August 29th, 2018, 05:20 AM
1) There are activation tabs in the in-play section, and in the normal print outs there are situational modifiers that print in a section. I know players who leave everything active when printing and then add stuff back in as they turn feats/abilities off.
2) Arrows are in the weapons section, and come in a normal quiver
3) You cant do it per por file, but you can change the default settings for all new characters. (Its in the CTRL+K section something about make default)
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ksac42

Old August 29th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
1) There are activation tabs in the in-play section, and in the normal print outs there are situational modifiers that print in a section. I know players who leave everything active when printing and then add stuff back in as they turn feats/abilities off.
So there's no way for it to show as:

Ranged +1 composite longbow +8 (1d8+3/×3) or +6/+6 (1d8+3/×3)

That seems like a simple basic request for functionality.
ksac42 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old August 29th, 2018, 04:12 PM
If you install the community pack, there is an adjustment to add it to the weapon name. But player should get familiar with these themselves. Between rapid shot, point blank, and deadly aim there are 7 different combinations you can get, including everything on a sheet quickly gets out of hand.
Minous is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old August 30th, 2018, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Between rapid shot, point blank, and deadly aim there are 7 different combinations you can get, including everything on a sheet quickly gets out of hand.
+1

There's no practical way for a printed sheet to include all situational modifiers. What are you going to do about haste, bless, and all of the other spells that modify attack rolls, damage rolls, AC, and so on? Do you expect the sheet to include every possible combination of all possible adjustments?

The only practical thing to do is print out the base set and let players adjust as needed. If they bring their laptop (or iPad), they can make adjustments on the fly and see those changes reflected everywhere else. Nowadays, when I'm playing, I bring my iPad to the table and that's it.
Azhrei is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old August 30th, 2018, 07:56 AM
Isn't there now an option to print active abilities / adjustments at the bottom of the character sheet? I would think that would help determine those calculations.
Krothos is offline   #6 Reply With Quote