Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

daplunk

Old November 30th, 2018, 07:11 AM
Hi Team,

This forum has long been a bottomless pit of many great ideas. The problem being that once an idea goes in it tends to get buried under other great ideas.

So here is a way for us to keep track of the ideas enabling us to present our best and loudest voice to LWD about the feature improvement ideas that are important to us all.

Feel free to add new ideas to the list and vote for the ones you want to see implemented. Vote for as many as you like. Let the votes tell the story about the things that are important to us.

http://rwwishlist.idea.informer.com/

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials

Last edited by daplunk; November 30th, 2018 at 07:14 AM.
daplunk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old November 30th, 2018, 07:32 AM
Good idea, even though I personally think kbs666 consolidated list to be more effective / useful right now.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 30th, 2018, 07:42 AM
https://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61552

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 30th, 2018, 07:45 AM
Love your list, but it doesn't give a good representation of what people are actually interested in seeing prioritised. Not without trawling through the comments. This clearly shows as of right now that people want Custom Calendars for example. Shock horror.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old November 30th, 2018, 08:11 AM
Well, I like the idea, though I'm not quite sure if truly is the most helpful thing, as it a) adds another site to check for the devs, b) is kinda biased toward features that have been longer on the list, as not many people will visit it regularirly to check for new ones and c) seems to count votes on IP only, so it's very easy to manipulate if you're so inclined.

But hey, can't hurt, so I'll add a few things. Hopefully LWD will tell us what's their preferred channel.
Merion is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 30th, 2018, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Love your list, but it doesn't give a good representation of what people are actually interested in seeing prioritised. Not without trawling through the comments. This clearly shows as of right now that people want Custom Calendars for example. Shock horror.
Sorry but no. People do want custom calendars. It is one of most requested features on this forum and on your FB group. I get that you dislike this forum but many people despise FB, myself included. So we're at loggerheads. We won't migrate and you guys won't use this forum. But don't try and usurp what I've done simply because I didn't do it on FB.

my Realm Works videos

Last edited by kbs666; November 30th, 2018 at 08:33 AM.
kbs666 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 30th, 2018, 11:05 AM
This has nothing to do with the Facebook group or trying to stop people using the forum. It's simply something to provide more data in a more efficient manner. How many great ideas are there in this sub forum? How many +1 comments that no one is ever going to come along and summarise? All it does is let people add their plus ones in a place that is easier to see all the options in a single place and that automatically tallies them together. Used together with your list this is much more useful data.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old November 30th, 2018, 12:02 PM
1) In all seriousness, I'm throwing my vote in for custom calendars.

2) I would still like an integrated print function. Farling and I have both shown that such a thing is both possible and practical, and it would just be easier for everyone if LWD finally acknowledged this, and added an integrated, easily accessed, fully supported, official print function.
EightBitz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 30th, 2018, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
This has nothing to do with the Facebook group or trying to stop people using the forum. It's simply something to provide more data in a more efficient manner. How many great ideas are there in this sub forum? How many +1 comments that no one is ever going to come along and summarise? All it does is let people add their plus ones in a place that is easier to see all the options in a single place and that automatically tallies them together. Used together with your list this is much more useful data.
There aren't enough eye roll icons in the universe.

My list was produced by actually following years of discussions of feature requests and includes only reasonable and rational requests. Yours includes things like a complete and ground up rewrite of the program as the #1 request, as of the time I write this post. So yeah super useful.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 30th, 2018, 01:16 PM
This isn't about competing or replacing your effort. This is simply an improvement over what we have. You are the only one who can edit your list. You have no way currently of representing out of that list what is the priority for the community. Why not combine with this functionality?

People can add their own wish list
People can vote on whats more important to them
The devs get more data to help them understand the community desires
No one needs to count the +1s

This is literally just a better way of capturing more useful data in a way that requires less effort.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #10 Reply With Quote