Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

koesherbacon

Old June 5th, 2013, 03:26 AM
The first is very straightforward:

In the "Configure Your Hero" window there's an option under Optional Rules which can be toggled on or off. The description says, "Replace Item Creation Feats."

There's no tooltip, so I'm at a loss trying to figure out what it does. If someone can enlighten me, it'd be turbo amazing! (Bonus if you get that reference )

================================================== ============

My second question is probably much more complex.

In my Pathfinder game, I'm allowing my players to use bits and pieces from DND 3.5 books as long as they clear it with me first. After all, Pathfinder and 3.5 can be used together as stated in the PF Core Rules.

Here's what I'd like to see made available.

A section where you can make your own custom Prestige Class by entering in all the information from the book you're currently using.

I think, in a way, it would be similar to the Monster Builders we have, but I could be way off base.

If anyone knows of a way to do this, or even better, help me create a custom file for the Community Repository my players and I would be super jazzed.

================================================== ============

Well, I hope you guys can help answer some of these questions! The first one should be easy, the second one might take more time. But like I said, if somebody can help me make it, I'd gladly share it with the Community Repository!

Thanks very much!
koesherbacon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old June 5th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Prestige classes can be made in the editor. It's quite a hard learning process but satisfying once achieved!

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
koesherbacon

Old June 5th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Prestige classes can be made in the editor. It's quite a hard learning process but satisfying once achieved!
Is there a tutorial for using the editor?
koesherbacon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old June 5th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Only a few small ones located in the Tools, Editor, Help option.
It starts with a simple tutorial working to a complex class if I recall correctly.

This forum is very helpful with any questions you may need regarding scripts, terminology and providing examples when necessary.

However prestige classes are one of the harder things to input and the editor is quite an unforgiving master.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

bodrin is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 5th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Question#2 in the FAQ has a list of all the places with help. Its also worth reading the "Glossary of Terms" to get started with so you have an easier time understanding the terminology on the forums and in help.

My advice is to start with just inputting the class as Text and getting the Class Specials to show up at the right levels. Then I would worry about trying to script all the different abilities to actually fully work.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
drakahn99

Old June 6th, 2013, 05:18 AM
building a class is a many step process, start with reading the examples, watch shadow's videos and then start small creating a couple feats, and things before beginning on the class.

the first question. replace item creation feat changes it so wizards don't get scribe scroll instead they get spell focus.
BTW what class are you looking for? the work may already be done or someone may be working on it.

Last edited by drakahn99; June 6th, 2013 at 05:21 AM.
drakahn99 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
koesherbacon

Old June 6th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Oh, I'm not particularly looking for any PrC at the moment. I was just wondering how difficult it would be to add if, say, my wife decided she wanted to try a PrC from a book that isn't listed there.

She's brand new to PF and DND and loves reading through all the material in order to find new and interesting things she can add to her character.

God help me if Lunka, her Dwarf Bard, ever dies...
koesherbacon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote