Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bertraze

Old June 11th, 2014, 04:23 AM
So I noticed a pattern with some of the stuff I have created, and I'd like to know how to fix it.

First, I've created a number of deities for my campaign. I created a new Deity Category for them so they would stick together and not get lost in Other Deities. When I go to choose a deity for a hero, the deities are all clustered together, and that cluster is sorted where their category would be in the alphabet, but there's no header above the group like there is for all the other categories.

I noticed the same thing with archetypes. I created a few archetypes for a new base class, and they're in a cluster alphabetized where their base class would be, but there's no banner with the base class's name on it like the other base classes have above their archetypes.

Is there something else I need to build to get those to work correctly?
bertraze is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 11th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Headers are created in the editor just like any other item. For them, check the "Show Only?" box on the right-hand side.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
bertraze

Old June 11th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Disregard this question. I searched for a base class in the archetype editor and found out how they work.

-----
Please forgive my ignorance, but I haven't seen any tabs called "Header" in the editor. Where do I create them?

Last edited by bertraze; June 11th, 2014 at 07:59 AM.
bertraze is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 11th, 2014, 08:02 AM
On the same tab as the things they're headers for.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
TalMeta

Old June 29th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Let's say I want to create two pantheons, Black and White. I've tagged five deities under "Deity Category" as "White" and five as "Black" (with "White" and "Black" headers tagged appropriately and as "show only").

For some reason, all ten deities are appearing grouped together under "Black", while the White header entry is devoid of deities entirely. Suggestions?

Last edited by TalMeta; June 29th, 2014 at 07:48 PM.
TalMeta is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 29th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalMeta View Post
Let's say I want to create two pantheons, Black and White. I've tagged five deities under "Deity Category" as "White" and five as "Black" (with "White" and "Black" headers tagged appropriately and as "show only").

For some reason, all ten deities are appearing grouped together under "Black", while the White header entry is devoid of deities entirely. Suggestions?
Except for archetypes we can't add new headers. Well we can add them but they don't work. The reason is the ability to add the sort order is in part of the system we can't touch in the editor.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
TalMeta

Old June 29th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Except for archetypes we can't add new headers. Well we can add them but they don't work. The reason is the ability to add the sort order is in part of the system we can't touch in the editor.
This needs to be on the list!
TalMeta is offline   #7 Reply With Quote