Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Dervish

Old September 5th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Well they brok 40k and have 7 days left i don't think it will be impossible.
Dervish is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old September 5th, 2014, 11:03 AM
generally crowdfunding do a lot the first couple days, and a lot the last couple of days, so its definitely possible.
mirtos is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old September 5th, 2014, 11:11 AM
I hope so!

New update with more content coming t5o D20 marketplace. really really hope we see more and more content!! Especially from average people, love to support the little people.
Exmortis is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old September 10th, 2014, 04:59 AM
50K reached!!!! Unlimited Campaigns!!

Also new map and tile pack, upped my pledge again. /sigh
Exmortis is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old September 11th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Almost $63k now!

Multi-touch multi-user is only a few $k away.
lifer4700 is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old September 12th, 2014, 06:00 AM
Between lifer4700, Exmortis, Ladyofdragons, & AEIOU... I have revisited D20pro....
I originally crossed it off my list some 3yrs ago because of its lack of customization, and my preference to utilizing a hexgrid system.

Your collective enthusiasm on the new KS, D20's new direction (Thanks specifically to AEIOU for asking the hard questions on the KS forum and Comments page), Rob's choice to try herolab & Realmworks integration with D20, and lastly a vote of support for the KS from my friend Anna Myer has pushed me "all in".

So goodbye to Battlegrounds Games, hello D20Pro Unlimited....

Reasons to like:
  • Unlimited Grid (square, hex, or free move)
  • A legitimate Fog of War effect - hiding with an overlay color (like Battlegrounds or Realmworks) is adequate, but the ability to tie lighting and visibility to characters as they move from room to room adds a new level to the immersion.
  • Authoring Tools- the ability to customize the core is important to creativity and longevity I compare this to the Hero LAb template..... the ability to add your own custom items (via the editor ) keeps the software cutting edge.
  • And Multi touch will also bring a new feature to the table (if $11 more dollars are sponsored that is hehe)

Other proposed features:
  • Unlimited Rule and Creature Templates are a bonus, but since my table meets face to face, not a requirement for me.
  • New compatibility with other game systems (ie Pathfinder, 4e, starwars, etc) Since we use 3.5, again not a selling point to me personally, but in the future.. who knows.
My apologies for the lengthy post, but feel any that are unfamiliar with this kickstarter and the potential of how it could integrate with Herolab / Realmworks might want to know what sold me on the change.

May the culmination of LWD, Mesamundi, & D20 prove profitable for Mat,
Tobias, & Rob as well as fruitful for the communities that support their efforts.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old September 12th, 2014, 06:24 AM
I had also written off d20pro in the past. I found it tied too closely to 3.5 and even pathfinder felt like a clunky afterthought. Adding abilities was far too cumbersome and don't even get me started on spells!

I ended up using MapTool simply because of the powerful, albeit cludgy, scripting system, and a dynamic lighting system and fog of war that is only now being rivaled by new comers, like roll20 (which is still not quite as good, but their scripting is much better)

I'm throwing my hat back into d20pro's corner because I like what I've seen from them so far, the merging with Mesa Mundi is a plus, in my opinion, and the impending inter-operation with Lone Wolf certainly helps their cause quite a bit in my book also.

By the way, the d20pro unlimited KS is over $65k already, so multi-user, multi-touch is a go.

Last edited by lifer4700; September 12th, 2014 at 06:42 AM.
lifer4700 is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old September 12th, 2014, 06:58 AM
Now that they seem to have better lighting systems and it seems better vision blocking systems in plan, I too will consider it again. It was my primary reason why I didnt consider them back then.
mirtos is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old September 12th, 2014, 07:01 AM
I had written it off a long time ago as being one of those "online only" sort of things, not useful for our in-person gaming. I've been using maptools, but honestly the constant switching between multiple programs is annoying. I'm hoping to see the proposed better integration between hero lab/Realm Works/d20pro to reduce this issue. Also while I'm certainly hoping for some improvements in the UI, I think d20pro will work much better at the table than the hero lab combat interface. I have to make it less complex somehow, I feel like I'm floundering.

and maybe some day I'll have tons of extra money and buy me one of those mesa mundi multitouch screen overlays...

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old September 12th, 2014, 09:12 AM
The reboot for d20pro to Unlimited promises a lot of updates to the little annoyances many of us have had in the past. None were game-breakers but the program and interface could have been improved in a lot of places. With the merger with Mesa Mundi and if I recall correctly, the lead dev quitting his regular day job, the necessary focus to move this program forward is there. The KS funding doesn't hurt either as that gives them stability during this growth phase.

The piece shared during the KS that really impressed me was that they have actively sought out experts in the technical and gaming industries to act as advisers. Having some critical eyes that can peek behind the scenes and who can offer honest, timely, necessary feedback is really important. It will help them stay focused on what they already do well.

And of course, the partnership with LW was crucial. HL support is really a necessity for me. I'm hoping RW support can be added to allow better workflow, tracking of maps, storing of prepared scenarios, importing of HL portfolios, etc. And if there can be interoperation between the three programs to allow data to stay synched between them.... WOW. Just WOW. The future is indeed bright.
AEIOU is offline   #70 Reply With Quote