Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

enrious

Old December 24th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Vaporware. Thanks for trying.
I've had RW for a while now, thanks to the Kickstarter.

As far as I'm concerned, all production on RW could cease tomorrow and it'd still remain hands down the best campaign management tool I've ever seen or used.

I get that you seem to be petulant because there's so much going on behind the scenes that you don't see, but that doesn't make RW any less real - or any less good.

Indeed, I took advantage of an opportunity a while back to increase my Kickstarter pledge and I'm glad I did. Not only is RW a quality product that is only getting better, but Lone Wolf is expressing a commitment to quality through deed, as much as by word.

So I get that you think it cool to be a curmudgeon because you missed out on the Kickstarter, I get that you don't think all the positive things that have been said can't possibly be true, I understand how much easier it is to be negative than positive, but the rudeness seems out of order.

I encourage you to ask people who have the software, either here or at other places such as the Google+ group, how they are using the software. What parts of it are making their DMing jobs better, their campaigns more organized, their games more fun. I think you'll be amazed both by how we're collectively using it, but also by how free we are to share.

I know, asking questions is harder to do that than simply and rudely dismissing someone, but I think it worth the effort.

Do you?
enrious is offline   #11
Nikmal

Old December 24th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
I understand your frustration EightBitz, what I do NOT understand is your attitude being all over the place.

One moment you are telling Lone Wolf what such an awesome job they are doing and that they should take it easy for Christmas and then you make a statement like above saying that it will NEVER come out and that it is just hype.

Trust me, the software is worth waiting for BUT as a current user of Realmworks it is not without it's flaws! I can see why Lone Wolf is waiting. Right now all the backers do NOT have the full software.. what they have is something that is not fully functional. So please STOP with the vitriol and negative commentary. It WILL come out and it WILL be soon. The developers deserve a break for the holidays... do they not?? They are working hard to appease us!!
Nikmal is offline   #12
Nikmal

Old December 24th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemlak View Post
rob, you and everyone else on the rw team are doing brilliantly. Yeah, it sucks for people who haven't got rw yet to know that they're not going to get it for a while. Yes, you haven't been able to meet the schedules you were hoping to meet.

It's not as if you haven't been trying. In fact, from your updates and posts here, we know that all of you have been going above and beyond trying to hit your schedules.

I wouldn't wish the pressure you've put yourselves under on anyone. But you've done it, and you haven't complained, and you still keep working.

Don't kill yourselves, enjoy the holiday season.
very very well said!!
Nikmal is offline   #13
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old December 24th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Methinks EightBitz has no idea what the definition of Vaporware is.
Kendall-DM is offline   #14
Rikski

Old December 24th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Hey lone wolf, I wouldn't worry in a years time this will all be forgotten and I bet everyone will be saying how great RW is!
Rikski is offline   #15
Goreshade

Old December 24th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Right, jump on EightBitz because he is sick of the delays and expressed himself as such. After all these setbacks and "vapor" release announcements, a lot of people have a right to vent their frustrations. It seems to me that the development team shouldn't have started a topic if they didn't want ALL the feedback. Instead any display of negativity is met with a comment about de-motivating the dev team. So does that mean it will be further setback now. Did EightBitz's comment just push us back to March? Whatever. What I find disturbing, is the lack of professional conduct after so many let downs to a current or potential customer, and the usual forum "Heroes" and their sickeningly syrupy support.

My personal level of irritation about this latest announcement was just enough to make me narrow my eyes and exhale sharply, so don't assume I am foaming at the mouth like in some YouTube rage video. Will I still buy it? Yes. Will said purchase be met with the feeling of excitement, or "about freaking time?" The excitement is pretty much dead by now. It must be said however; release of this program has been a running joke among the various RPG group GM's (about a dozen) and employees at my LGS, and the vitriol is getting worse every time we here news that it's about to come out.

Another thing, software is sold on Steam all the time in pre-release format, with big-ol fat disclaimers saying as such. LWD said the same thing when touting the pre-release of RW for Christmas. Hell, why not make some money and have more people testing it out? It was stated that the pre-release would have bugs, that's cool. But it didn't get released because, wait for it... bugs! Yet, we keep hearing how well it works in beta. This has all been handled very poorly.

BTW, if you have the app due to KS or beta or whatever your opinion is at best useless fanboyism, at worst base hypocrisy. After all, you don't have to wait right?
Bottom line, the only thing worse on a forum than a Troll is a super positive sycophantic Fanboy.

So that said, let the Fanboys gird themselves for the battle (or time of day) I won't give them, and may their zealous clicking of the quote button and scathing rebuttals be full of verve and fury. Lame-ers.

Happy holidays LWD. Negativity in type, doesn't not necessarily mean hatred and rage.
Goreshade is offline   #16
fhscholl

Old December 24th, 2013, 07:39 PM
This whole thing has been mismanaged and is a complete nightmare from a project management and development point of view. I understand this is massive undertaking, but there is really no reason it should be 6 months behind schedule and still not ready for a release. Your de-motivation isn't from EightBitz opinion; it's from the management of this project and the inability to properly set expectations.

It's been repeatedly stated that you are trying to make the best product to the highest quality standards. Great, but there needs to be some give somewhere. Duke Nukem Forever took forever to actually release even though there were screenshots and video from it 10+ years ago. They wanted it to be the best too.

Introversion makes some of the best indy games out there, but they are well aware that they take forever to do so. So much so that they started to sell pre-release keys for the alpha releases of their newest game, Prison Architect.

The most frustrating part of this whole thing really is: it exists, it is working, and since I didn't find out about the KS until it was over, I can't get it. I am willing to pay you today for exactly what the KS backers have knowing there are still some kinks to work out, but for some reason you won't give it to me.

Last edited by fhscholl; December 24th, 2013 at 07:47 PM.
fhscholl is offline   #17
EightBitz

Old December 24th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goreshade View Post
Right, jump on EightBitz because he is sick of the delays and expressed himself as such. After all these setbacks and "vapor" release announcements, a lot of people have a right to vent their frustrations. It seems to me that the development team shouldn't have started a topic if they didn't want ALL the feedback. Instead any display of negativity is met with a comment about de-motivating the dev team. So does that mean it will be further setback now. Did EightBitz's comment just push us back to March? Whatever. What I find disturbing, is the lack of professional conduct after so many let downs to a current or potential customer, and the usual forum "Heroes" and their sickeningly syrupy support.
As much as I appreciate your coming to my defense, and as much as I agree with everything else you say, I have to disagree with the "lack of professional conduct".

With the hours that Rob and his crew were pulling, I know how that feels. I know what kind of toll that takes. I know the state of mind it leaves you with. Rob does deserve latitude for that.

As for everything else you said, agreed and thank you.
EightBitz is offline   #18
EightBitz

Old December 24th, 2013, 08:31 PM
As for the rest of you who have been besmirching my name, I've held back because Rob asked me to. My satisfaction is in knowing that every time you Kickstart backers get all smug about how great the software is, you only further support our argument that it is ready to be pre-released, thereby justifying our frustration that it hasn't been.

So thank you to all of you as well.
EightBitz is offline   #19
enrious

Old December 24th, 2013, 10:36 PM
You call it smug, then note that others are "besmirching your name". Pot, meet Kettle.

You are the one who is admits that you're talking from ignorance about the software and proclaiming it to be ready for pre-release, when to my knowledge none of us have said that.

Because we understand that "great" doesn't automatically mean "ready for pre-release".

And thanks for showing that you have no interest in actually asking questions and taking a mature approach, thus as you desire to rudely dismiss others, you'll understand why you yourself are so dismissed.
enrious is offline   #20
Closed Thread