Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

wyzman

Old December 9th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Good Afternoon,

I was just wondering if a RW Price Structure has been released yet.

Just curious what the upfront and monthly charges are likely to be.

Thank you.
wyzman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 9th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Hello there! We have not released a pricing structure yet, as it is still being determined. Once it's finalized, we'll announce it on our website and social media. Hope this helps!
liz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
llothos

Old December 9th, 2013, 09:03 PM
i had asked same question on their facebook page about the base product. They figured it would be in the $40-$50 range but that wasn't concrete. No idea what they are planning for subs though. Looking forward to the release, hopefully out prior to christmas.
llothos is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
woobyluv

Old December 12th, 2013, 06:59 AM
I really have no interest in paying a monthly subscription. I would pass on any online usage if there is a monthly fee.
woobyluv is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
JackOfAllGames

Old December 13th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woobyluv View Post
I really have no interest in paying a monthly subscription. I would pass on any online usage if there is a monthly fee.
I feel that I'm in the same boat. I'll gladly pay for the software, but I have no interest in yet another monthly fee - especially if I end up paying for a D&D sub too (though that may stop once WotC drops their 4E character creator).

I'll make my decision once I see the price, benefits, and payment options (I won't use anything other than PayPal/Amazon/Google), but I'm definitely biased against it. I'm fairly tech savvy. I can find alternative ways of including the remote gamers without paying monthly fees (including writing my own solution if I must).

Last edited by JackOfAllGames; December 13th, 2013 at 06:08 AM.
JackOfAllGames is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old December 13th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Jackofalltrades and Wooblyluv you both might want to read up on the Realmworks page and such first. Realmworks CAN be used without using the cloud services. You both DO know that right??
Nikmal is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
JackOfAllGames

Old December 13th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
Jackofalltrades and Wooblyluv you both might want to read up on the Realmworks page and such first. Realmworks CAN be used without using the cloud services. You both DO know that right??
Yep. I believe we're both aware of that. We're talking about the online functionality.

I plan to buy the software as soon as it's available. I believe that the RealmWorks will be such a great help that I'm not TOO concerned about its initial cost. It's the idea of a monthly fee for additional functionality that puts me off. For me to pay a monthly (or annual) fee, I'll need to see significant benefit (or insignificant pricing).

Admittedly, I don't know what all we'll get with the cloud service. I'm withholding judgment until I do know...I'm just saying that I'm not a fan of monthly fees and it'll be a tough sell. If I can avoid a monthly fee by writing a note on paper or setting up a second screen, I'll do that.

Last edited by JackOfAllGames; December 13th, 2013 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity, smiley face, and additional thoughts.
JackOfAllGames is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
woobyluv

Old December 14th, 2013, 07:05 AM
^This.
woobyluv is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
JackOfAllGames

Old December 16th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Well, I must say that the initial pricing of RealmWorks is brilliant! The price is very reasonable and you get the cloud service for free to start! What better way to learn about what the cloud service has to offer than to try it out?

Additionally, having everyone use the cloud service to start helps the devs test it...and it helps get people hooked and hopefully continue subscribing.

I'm very pleased with the initial price ($50)...and I'll definitely get the pre-release version as soon as I'm able. Hopefully the devs get it done in time! =)

Now, if only PayPal could be added as a payment method (Google and Amazon are also acceptable - just less common).
JackOfAllGames is offline   #9 Reply With Quote