Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SpecterFan

Old November 25th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Hello to everyone,

This is a "first time post" so if I've committed some error, I swear it was based in ignorance and not intentional.

I have a character created for the Savage Worlds game system in the Deadlands: Noir setting. I'm still not quite used to Hero Lab's various tabs but I'm getting there. I hit a minor road block the other night and I thought rather than fight with it I would appeal to those more "learned" than myself.

Situation: the character has (#1) developed a "nervous eye twitch" as the result of a bad die doll resulting in a "Charisma -1 modifier", (#2) he later acquired an amulet which has temporarily awarded him an additional "+1 Bennies", and (#3) he and his fellow adventurers have been awarded an OLD "estate and grounds" which in game terms equals a HQ and the "Comfortable Edge".

Exactly How and Where do I enter this information CORRECTLY? I'm sure it's staring in the face but I don't see it.

As always, any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
SpecterFan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 1st, 2014, 08:19 PM
The best way for items like this is to use the Permanent Adjustments. Go to the Personal tab and down at the bottom on the left you can add them. Since these are all outside of the normal character progression, the Permanent Adjustments were designed to handle them.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 2nd, 2014, 07:05 AM
What CC said, although that doesn't allow you to note what the modifier is from, only that there is one. So you could make note of that on the Personal tab under Personal Details. Although, to be honest, for the "Nervous eye twitch" I'd actually call that a Minor Habit Hindrance, and you can add those from going to the Advances tab, clicking on Add New Advance and then just selecting to add a Hindrance and you can select the Habit from there. (The same effect, -1 Charisma but now you can see what it is that's giving that to your character.)

For the other two you could create those things in the Editor, but for a one-off thing you probably are better adding it on the Personal tab with a Permanent Adjustment.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SpecterFan

Old December 7th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Thanks to both of you. Every idea is appreciated.

As of this point in time, I jot these items down in the Personal Details window. They don't affect anything - I have to use the honor system.

SpecterFan
SpecterFan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
SpecterFan

Old December 7th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Here is another problem.

The characters were awarded a "group Edge" - specifically the Comfortable Edge - in the the form of an old mansion and grounds. How would one add that to one's character sheet?
SpecterFan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old December 7th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Honestly? Something like that I would not bother to put it on the sheet. It is something that exists in the campaign and is not really character sheet worthy.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 7th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Again, just give them an extra edge as a Permanent Adjustment, add the Comfortable Edge with that free point and note down in the Personal Tab what that entailed. That'd be all I'd do.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old May 4th, 2015, 01:07 PM
I know this is an old post, but I happen to stumble across it, and another way to list this sort of thing is as costless "virtual equipment"; I did this for some training things in my XCOM game.
Paragon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote