Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

wisdom

Old May 12th, 2015, 07:29 AM
Ok I have the demo of Hero Lab and Im trying to create custom creatures.

I get a choice to make an ally or enemy creature and the I go to edit and right of the bat I can change the PACE past 3.

Then I see that I can select creature type and I assumed it is used as a starting point for custom creatures but when I select a type I then cant change or delete many things such as edges, etc for that creature.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it because Im using a Demo version or creating completely custom creatures not possible?

I was almost going to make this purchase for Hero Lab but without being able to make monsters its not going to be of use to me.

Thanks for any assistance.
Joseph
wisdom is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old May 14th, 2015, 01:54 PM
I suspect the demo version won't let you actually edit things, but I'm not quite sure what you're doing. Are you actually in the editor, or are you using a Creature as a character and building from that? The latter won't, as I recall, let you actually remove things; if you need to do brand new creatures just based off the old one but lacking some things, you need to do that in the Editor, and do it as a .user file.
Paragon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
wisdom

Old May 15th, 2015, 06:22 AM
Yes I am using Creature as a character.

I don't see an Editor just the normal Hero Lab interface.

Thank you for your reply.
wisdom is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old May 15th, 2015, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom View Post
Yes I am using Creature as a character.

I don't see an Editor just the normal Hero Lab interface.

Thank you for your reply.
Assuming it works in demo mode, the Editor should be available from the Tools tab at the top of the program. However, be warned that using the editor is not a no-learning-curve process.
Paragon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 15th, 2015, 08:37 AM
I just checked with my full version and the Creature type doesn't let you increase Pace beyond 3. I usually don't use the main program like that to make monsters (like others mentioned here, I also use the Editor for that because of the increased flexibility) but I think that might just be a bug. You can work around it by going to the Personal tab and selecting "Add Permanent Adjustment" at the bottom, Select "Derived Trait" and increase Pace all you like from there.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
wisdom

Old May 15th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Thanks so much.

I do see the editor, wow that does look a bit intimidating!
wisdom is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old May 16th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom View Post
Thanks so much.

I do see the editor, wow that does look a bit intimidating!
Creatures are, truth to tell, one of the easier things to do in it, especially if you're just modifying something that's already there. If you want to get some idea, go to the creature tab, do "Copy" and it'll give you the stock creatures to pull up and you can see what it records on them.

For my own work I've had to do a lot of new creature abilities, which can be tricky or not depending, but its not hard to just modify attributes, add or remove skills and the like.

Anyway, feel free to ask more if you need to.
Paragon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
wisdom

Old May 17th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Thank you so much
wisdom is offline   #8 Reply With Quote