Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

voydangel

Old July 12th, 2014, 06:13 PM
I'm not sure if I should be asking how to do this myself, or if this is in the realm of a feature request, but...

How would one go about editing the starting character creation rules?
Specifically:
I would really really love to see the "street scum" character creation options from page 354 of the SR5 core. To summarize, it says that instead of getting ABCDE for priorities, the players get to pick between either BCDEE or CCDDE. It would be really nice to have this/these be options in addition to the normal/street/prime levels of play for making characters. I think these are really helpful options both for people who want to run scum campaigns, but also for making good style npc's, contacts, etc. I don't know how hard it would be, or if I could even do this myself through the editor, but I would really like to make this a reality.

While we're at it, making there be other options for the other alternate creation rules in that section of the book would be nice to have too, such as "high life" (AABCC). The others don't adjust how your priorities are set-up, but instead modify things like increasing or decreasing availability independently. Which would be nice to have as an option as well. (Having a little dial on the "make new character" dialogue where you could just increase or decrease the starting availability limit, rather than having it linked directly to "street level" or "prime runners" or whatever. It would of course need to have the chosen number displayed on the validations report or whatever for people who use that sort of thing.)

As a follow-up, how would one go about making a "new" starting character option similar to "street level" and "prime runners" starting character creation rules? I really don't think making a new "scum level" option will do what I want by simply changing a few numbers around because of the lack of being able to double up on priorities, which is what is really needed for this thing, but I might be able to get close with a little help.

Last edited by voydangel; July 12th, 2014 at 06:22 PM.
voydangel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 13th, 2014, 09:36 AM
In the Help menu, take a look at "Shadowrun FAQ", specifically the article named "Future Plans". You'll see that the alternate character creation rules are already on the to-do list.

Until I can get to that project and implement some of the necessary functionality, there aren't any good options for users to set those rules up themselves, short of using lots of adjustments to change the the priorities you've set up into a different priority set by changing how many points are actually granted in each pool.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
voydangel

Old July 13th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Ok, fair enough. I can wait patiently =)

Out of curiosity though, I've been looking through all the different pieces and parts in the editor and can't find where I would edit the amounts listed for various priorities. I'm sure if I could find just 1 I would be able to extrapolate where/how to tweak the others. So, could someone tell me where I would go to change the starting money resources? Like, more specifically, where/how would I change it so that if I'm making a character under the "Established Runners" character creation rules set and I pick Priority E for resources I get 25,000¥ instead of 6,000¥?
voydangel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 14th, 2014, 06:59 AM
I haven't had a chance to add the tab that covers those, yet.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
AlxNzx

Old August 5th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I haven't had a chance to add the tab that covers those, yet.
Hello Mathias,

We are several users to add our voice to that request, as we are starting a campaign with a CCDDE priorities character creation.

Any chance to see this implemented soon?
I know it's GENCON, but a rough estimate would be awesome.

Thanks!
AlxNzx is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
caadium

Old September 15th, 2014, 12:10 AM
On a related note, in previous versions of SR that used the priority system there was an option that assigned each priority a numerical value (A=4, B=3, C=3, D=1, E=0). Then, characters could be made by choosing 10 points worth of priorities.

If one of the people I play with wanted to do A, C, C, C, E for example, I'd consider it based on concept.

Once the above changes are made, and I get that they are on the list, will I be able to add in this modified style?
caadium is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Alistair

Old September 15th, 2014, 08:29 AM
The easiest way is to use the "Permanent Adjustments" function on the "Personal" tab. The only thing you can't do there is give more nuyen, so make sure your Resources priority is set where you want it.
Alistair is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Insaniac99

Old September 15th, 2014, 10:24 PM
That said, that is a feature that is on the list.
Insaniac99 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote