Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

nightpanda2810

Old March 6th, 2020, 02:21 PM
I like having all monsters/NPCs etc. all have separate initiatives. To accomplish this on paper, I label then Goblin 1, Goblin 2, etc. For the minis themselves I have little 3d printed rings with numbers on them corresponding with the number written down. Makes combat move really smoothly.

In HLC combats are prepared ahead of time with each individual goblin, that I toss a number on the end of their name.

In HLO, you add 3 goblins to the scene/script, but would need to edit the names AFTER starting the combat, taking up precious gaming time.

Am I missing a simpler way to do this? Using initiative values doesn't work without having dozens of these 3d printed rings, and doesn't accommodate ties.

If not, feature request please! I prefer each monster (regardless of name) have its own number rather than goblin 1,2,3, orc 1,2,3 as its easier to track, but will settle for either

Realmworks Template Management
nightpanda2810 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old March 6th, 2020, 02:58 PM
you can give monsters unique names/numbers ahead of time in HLO too. i just tried making a generic script with three goblins and three goblin dogs, and then adding numbers to the end of their names-- it worked fine for me. here's a screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/XylZYzh
dacoobob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old March 6th, 2020, 03:12 PM
note however that when you're adding monsters to the script, in order to get three separately-editable goblin warriors you have to click the red "create character" button three times. do that and three separate "goblin warrior" line items will be added. then you can open each one and edit its name on its "profile" tab.

if you instead set the "quantity" box to 3 and click "create character" once, it'll add one line item called "goblin warrior x3". if you edit its name it'll change all three goblins' names at once, which isn't what you want.

which method were you using?

Last edited by dacoobob; March 6th, 2020 at 03:15 PM.
dacoobob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old March 6th, 2020, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
you can give monsters unique names/numbers ahead of time in HLO too. i just tried making a generic script with three goblins and three goblin dogs, and then adding numbers to the end of their names-- it worked fine for me. here's a screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/XylZYzh
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
note however that when you're adding monsters to the script, in order to get three separately-editable goblin warriors you have to click the red "create character" button three times. do that and three separate "goblin warrior" line items will be added. then you can open each one and edit its name on its "profile" tab.

if you instead set the "quantity" box to 3 and click "create character" once, it'll add one line item called "goblin warrior x3". if you edit its name it'll change all three goblins' names at once, which isn't what you want.

which method were you using?

I was adding 3 at once. This solves the problem, but adding 13 goblins this way will get old fast, so my request still stands Thanks!

Edit: WAY easier than it was in HLC!

Realmworks Template Management

Last edited by nightpanda2810; March 6th, 2020 at 03:23 PM.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 7th, 2020, 08:15 AM
When you have a script with goblins and a quantity of 5, HLO SHOULD be automatically assigning them unique "jersey numbers" so you can readily identify each of them.

This WAS working a week ago and appears to now be broken. We'll have to figure out why. But you should NOT need to do any of that manually.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old March 8th, 2020, 09:29 AM
Yeah, I noticed this mid session last night after importing 3 monsters of the same type, shall raise a bug report.
talsharien is offline   #6 Reply With Quote