Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

MNBlockHead

Old February 21st, 2019, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharmiones View Post
To be perfectly honest at the point in time when the CM finally hit the road I do think we all will find just 4 words for it:

"Too little, too late."

I personally doubt that there will be that much APs available neither from the start nor in any "near future" (I'm speaking in LWD near future time frames). There haven't been ANY new information about what APs or Modules would be available from the start. Even if they are not ready to launch it they at least have to know what things will be available for sure. If they launch will just that few things they previously announced, years ago, the massive reaction from everyone will be exactly that: Too little, too late.
For me, that will only be true if their is a better alternative. I don't know what "too little, too late" means without a viable alternative. The worst case scenario that I can foresee is that they release it and I don't find anything of interest to buy. So, shrug, I continue using it as I have. If they have something useful to me, I'll buy it.

The only way I can make sense of the continued angry posts is that folks DON'T have a better alternative and they hope they can complain their way into getting what they want from the product that is closest to meeting their needs.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old February 22nd, 2019, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
The only way I can make sense of the continued angry posts is that folks DON'T have a better alternative and they hope they can complain their way into getting what they want from the product that is closest to meeting their needs.
In my head, it's kinda like when a cop pulls you over, and you say to them, "I pay your salary" and then expect them to take it well. I don't get it. *shrug*

DM, exRealmWorker, Character Sheet Hacker, Gamer
Ambush is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old February 22nd, 2019, 05:16 PM
For me at least everything is 90% okay
Lack of forum updates is no problem. They will come around again.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old February 22nd, 2019, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
For me at least everything is 90% okay
Lack of forum updates is no problem. They will come around again.
For me, everything is groovy but that might just be the mushrooms talking
ErinRigh is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Teresa

Old February 23rd, 2019, 12:34 AM
For me it's ok as well - I mean, I kind of suspected this from the last post. They said "we’re now working hard to get everything properly tested and into place for the launch of the Content Market."

Right now I'm keeping an eye out for the new update to bring the expected "YES, DONE!", and dreading it will be a "sorry, guys - new problems." But to just see a rolling of "still testing" every week will get boring. I don't need an update like that (and it is the only realistic update for us to expect until they're finished).

Unless they'd say - "in the mean time we've also covered this minor feature or request". But I doubt they're working on those right now.
Teresa is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 27th, 2019, 07:40 AM
I've made what update I can as Rob is unavailable. The bottom line is we're working as fast as we can, we're understaffed and most of us work a lot of overtime. You deserve updates, but sadly when you're running around putting out fires all day, thinking to stop and repetitively describe the process after 12 plus hours is somewhere at the bottom of the list. As it is, many of us were avoiding taking even small vacations because it's always a crucial time here, so we've been rotating people out for a personal time where we can.

There isn't a lot to report that I'm aware of. We've fixed a lot of bugs and upgraded to 64-bit, but that's old news. The last few weeks have been spent working with Paizo on a slew of little items that keep cropping up in testing. So just more testing and lots of crossed fingers that it will be the last issue every time we tackle one.

Hope that helps!
BJ is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old February 27th, 2019, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
I've made what update I can as Rob is unavailable. The bottom line is we're working as fast as we can, we're understaffed and most of us work a lot of overtime. You deserve updates, but sadly when you're running around putting out fires all day, thinking to stop and repetitively describe the process after 12 plus hours is somewhere at the bottom of the list. As it is, many of us were avoiding taking even small vacations because it's always a crucial time here, so we've been rotating people out for a personal time where we can.

There isn't a lot to report that I'm aware of. We've fixed a lot of bugs and upgraded to 64-bit, but that's old news. The last few weeks have been spent working with Paizo on a slew of little items that keep cropping up in testing. So just more testing and lots of crossed fingers that it will be the last issue every time we tackle one.

Hope that helps!
It does help - me at least. Thanks, BJ!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 27th, 2019, 03:31 PM
Hooray!
BJ is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old February 28th, 2019, 04:24 AM
Yes, thanks from me too!

I also belong to the "better updates with no real news, than no updates at all"-faction.
Merion is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old February 28th, 2019, 11:49 PM
Yes, thanks for the update... But I don't stress over a few weeks missed. Maybe a few months, but not weeks.

Here is hoping you guys get that API straightened out with Paizo.
Viking2054 is offline   #40 Reply With Quote