Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Zogg

Old November 9th, 2013, 03:01 PM
For some reason my poor overworked brain interprets the dark grey lines that underline the section headings as separator lines. Whenever I want to do something like add a snippet, I invariably add it to the section below the one I intended.

Now, this isn't a big deal. Eventually I will get used to seeing these lines as underlines and not separators. However, down the road when you're adding in options for user customizability (is that a word?), I'd like to see an option to choose between the 'classic' look and something like a 'separator' look as shown below.

Appearance1.png

Appearance2.png
Zogg is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old November 24th, 2013, 06:46 AM
+1
The longer the list, the worse this problem will become, as it is more logical to separate items in his second view than the first, unless you trim the line in the first down to where it only underlines the heading.
Bidmaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Rabulias

Old November 27th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Agreed. +1 for a change to separator style lines.
Rabulias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old November 27th, 2013, 07:34 PM
I actually agree with you guys. It is a bit disconcerting and would be easier in the long run to have the line above. It is a minor thing though but I think a good thing to do in the long run.
Nikmal is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Knightblde

Old December 7th, 2013, 05:56 AM
I never had this problem until I read this thread. Now I do it all the time!

It is like that vase or faces image. You only see one until you know about it, then it keeps flipping back and fourth on you.

Now I am a +1

Knightblde is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old December 7th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Hat + KinteticEngery = Ring
lifer4700 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 9th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Taking a look at this. The original intent was to mimic heading underlines from say, wikipedia. However, we've got a slightly different use case here. I'm inclined to agree with you all, but need to clear it internally. No guarantees it will make it in, as the devs are working on critical functionality for release right now, though I may be able to tweak it without bothering them.
Joe is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
gamemasterbob

Old December 14th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
For some reason my poor overworked brain interprets the dark grey lines that underline the section headings as separator lines. Whenever I want to do something like add a snippet, I invariably add it to the section below the one I intended.

Now, this isn't a big deal. Eventually I will get used to seeing these lines as underlines and not separators. However, down the road when you're adding in options for user customizability (is that a word?), I'd like to see an option to choose between the 'classic' look and something like a 'separator' look as shown below.
Like already mentioned, I didn't notice until you posted your examples. It is far better with your fix idea. I predict this would lower eye strain as we view data. This should happen. Good idea. +1

Last edited by gamemasterbob; December 14th, 2013 at 09:30 AM.
gamemasterbob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Zogg

Old November 29th, 2014, 11:58 AM
So... a year later. Is this something that will be worked on 'down the road' or was it rejected?
Zogg is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 8th, 2014, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
So... a year later. Is this something that will be worked on 'down the road' or was it rejected?
The vast majority of items that have been requested here are on the todo list. This one included. It was NOT rejected, but it hasn't been dealt with yet either.
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote